Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One really happy chappy

Post Thanks / Like

Default One really happy chappy

Was in my garage setting up my bow using the French tuning technique. I had built a target using a thick cardboard box filled with layers of cardboard all the way across. My box is 1 foot wide. I then decided to attatch a yellow pages to the front of the box just in case, as this tuning technique requires u to stand 3 yards from the target to start with. Well well damn happy the yellow pages were there Bow was only set to 53# and my DL is 25'' yet it was still clean passing the yellow pages as well as penetrating the box by another 6-8''

Haha well chuffed was not expecting that kind of power on those settings
    Testing testing

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Woo hooo! doesn't it feel great! To have a bow that shoots like that! Congrats on joining the Martin team

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkember View Post
    Was in my garage setting up my bow using the French tuning technique. I had built a target using a thick cardboard box filled with layers of cardboard all the way across. My box is 1 foot wide. I then decided to attatch a yellow pages to the front of the box just in case, as this tuning technique requires u to stand 3 yards from the target to start with. Well well damn happy the yellow pages were there Bow was only set to 53# and my DL is 25'' yet it was still clean passing the yellow pages as well as penetrating the box by another 6-8''

Haha well chuffed was not expecting that kind of power on those settings
    What bow is it!

Post Thanks / Like

09 Moab Pro Hunter
    Testing testing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkember View Post
    09 Moab Pro Hunter
    You must have a thin yellow pages......ha J/K ya nothing like speed at low poundage......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedykills View Post
    You must have a thin yellow pages......ha J/K ya nothing like speed at low poundage......
    Average size 1000 pages
    Testing testing

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the phone book kill...lol nice to have such power in a light draw weight... may want to rethink your target...stuff lose rags in fead sack, just remove buttons and zippers
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

just fer grins n giggles been useing Styrofoam coolers with all the stuffin in them[rags paper leather ect] , been werkin great , when it shoots out i switch out the guts and load up another , been cheaper then buyin new targets.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Don't be too impressed by the shooting, its only at 10 yards. I was sighting in.
    This is what I have been using for a Target. I cut a piece of foam insulation from homedepot into 16"x16 squares and taped them together. I figure when I start getting pass thru's I will fill it with spray foam or add a few more layers of foam. It has already been hit with probably 150 arrows and it seems to be holding up well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

Post Thanks / Like

there is a pretty good bag target at academy sports for $24.95 it stops my 60#er until i shoot the center out.
    it has 5 spots to shoot but i alwas want to shoot the center. what makes a feller do that?
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,