Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum shooters answwer this......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aluminum shooters answwer this......

Ok think I am going to try the old way again that I did for 17 yrs with no issues. You guys know my set up so which of these two is the best to go with the 2315 or 2216. The 2216 seems like a log and the 2315 seems to be the spine used by lots of folks with near to my set up. Also have a lot of blazers and was wondering if they will control the heavier arrows in the end. Thanks.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

thats easy....2315 you will like em... mine are 29 1/2 w125 gr muzzy weigh in @ 525... of game slaming arrow thats tough as heck ...
    Last edited by ElkSlayer; 12-10-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

I knew I could count on you ES. Just remembered I shot these out of the PSE ThunderFlite and went to see if I had any in the garage and sure enough had two with duravanes and 30 1/2 length, lol. Now that's quite a difference with today's set up. Put them against the GTs and had to laugh at size difference. Can get a doz shafts with uni bushings/nocks factory installed and come with inserts at full length so can be cut to length for $44.99 tyd.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

Post Thanks / Like

You bet.. hard to beat that price ta boot..
    You should try the blazers you have laying around too..let me know how they work.. Im still running the Ole school 5"
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

@ ES took the two old shafts and put blazers on and will have them cut down tomorrow and bow scaled to adjust draw weight then I'll let ya know how it works out. Remember these are not uni bushings or nocks. Did shoot them at their length right now and in the basement they were pretty much dead on with the carbons. Real rest will be outside at longer distances.

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up a dozen Easton Gamegetter XX75's for about $35 shipped after tax. They are 2315's and came uncut. I ordered them from Dicks and went to the store and they cut them no charge. I just put the inserts in the other day and shot one. Amazing how quiet the bow is now. Check online at Dicks, they have been having a lot of 25% off sales and 20% off. Sometimes with free shipping.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

@ moneyman I checked their website abd even did a search and it shows no xx75s even found, hmmm.

Post Thanks / Like

at close range they group with other arrows but once you get out side you should notice they are droping de to weight diff..

Nice to know thus far blazers control em let me know about 40yds even 60 if you have that far on your range..
    Its too bad you cant find them at dicks.. sure got exicted and was going to pick up some more...lol prety set for now.. I have my 3 practice arrows ( took a pic (UNI- bushig) but its only a matter of time Since i was stacking um at 40 yards the other day... good luck finding that smoken deal
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

@ ES well here are the results and by no means are they scientific, lol. Had the 2315s cut to 27 1/2 like the 5575s and had the bow put back to 65#. Shot them from 20-50 yds and the blazers held them right on line and no left kick like with the 5575s. Move back to 20yds and put the STs/GRs on and they were hitting about 4 inches high from the FPs. Held that much low and they were dead on. Couldn't try them much further with the BHs due to the neighbors cows moving into line of fire and safety concerns.

Now for the oddity that makes no sense is I used the same 20yd pin with the 5575s and they hit exactly where I had it set for the 2315s fps and both hit the samw spots. May need to either get inserts or change to 125 bhs if I decie to use the aluminum's.

Now with all this said these are older arrows with the taper ends and really crappy nocks and a few small dings on the shafts so under those circumstances fell quite surprised at how well they did fly. Thinking a batch of new ones with the uni system and no dings might just work out better. I believe I will stick with the blazers since they flew dead on and straight out to 50yds if I go that route.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not suprized they hit the same @ 20
    Nice to know that the blazers worked well. good for you since you have them already..lol
    I tell you the 2315 fly stright with riped up fletchs, I fixed a hole 4x5 put in my 5" with a bic lighter this was summer 09 just shot that arrow in a stacked group @ 40 yards yesterday beat up uni bushings.JPG here they are beat up torn fletch and all been buried to the nocks in my bag target ?? many times over..

my bow is set to around 70# single cam shot threw a shop chrony long ago was 284 fps ... bow was new at the time never checked it again.. now new string and streched the DL a bit more..
    Last season it blew threw a fat blacktail @ 40 yards and went another 15- 20 buried in the root wad dirt pile...? how far son found it and pulled it so not sure but I can say they move along like a train.. enjoy them soon as you get hooked up again.

darn it thought you could see the hole in fletchs
    Last edited by ElkSlayer; 12-11-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added coment
    Darton Fury recurve