Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Limb Question.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with hutch the barnesdale limbs are very dependable, but i have been shooting martins for along time without any problems with limbs. i would be very courious to know just how many limbs are damaged from inproper pressing and dry fires and the bow company's takes the blame ? [just my opinion] a lot of things can happen while working on or tinkering with archery equipment .
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    i agree with hutch the barnesdale limbs are very dependable, but i have been shooting martins for along time without any problems with limbs. i would be very courious to know just how many limbs are damaged from inproper pressing and dry fires and the bow company's takes the blame ? [just my opinion] a lot of things can happen while working on or tinkering with archery equipment .
    Thats a very good question to bad it cant be detected how limbs failed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

yep i have to agree with bowgramps,my limbs failed on my old bow after it was pressed ,also a`rack bought bow failed 3 months after purchase .i have my strong suspicion it was dry fired.i do believe pilot error is a strong factor on limb failure.martins r good bows , every bow out here has some sort of issue with this or that breaking ,weather its a limb , riser or what ever,i can never say a product cant have a problem or two,but martins cs is great.

Post Thanks / Like

Since my limbs are powertuff limbs from December of 09, is there a high possibility that i will run into some problems with them?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and while im at it i might as well ask another question lol. I have read before that if you have 50 pound limbs then the bow actually peaks out around 52-53 pounds. Is this true?

Post Thanks / Like

AFAIK the Powertuff limbs weren't on production bows until 2011. What makes you think you have PT limbs on your 09? If they were replaced by Martin after the PT line was released then you should have no worries. Even if you have other than PT limbs I wouldn't worry, they may be just fine, not every set had problems. If something happens I'm confident that Martin will take care of you.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Here is archerx7's answer for how to tell
    "Yep, short of sanding the finish off the side of the limbs, the only way to tell the difference is by the deflection numbers. The Barnsdales will have something like a 115, 135, 155 while the PowerTuffs will be something like a 3HP, 3MP, 3LP, 4HP, 4MP, 4LP, etc...... "

Hutch
    Thats good to know,mine say 136 on them,so looks like i have barnsdale limbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotehunter11 View Post
    Oh and while im at it i might as well ask another question lol. I have read before that if you have 50 pound limbs then the bow actually peaks out around 52-53 pounds. Is this true?
    that could very well hold true,but not just for 50.i think there is a weight variance in limbs.i could be 1 to 3 over or under.a bow that is in its tuned then put on a draw scale is the best way to tell if you have that extra umph.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotehunter11 View Post
    Since my limbs are powertuff limbs from December of 09, is there a high possibility that i will run into some problems with them?
    Your limbs could be Powertuffs, since they are from Dec of 09.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Your limbs could be Powertuffs, since they are from Dec of 09.
    There's an easy way to find out. Check the deflection code near the butt of the limb. There should be a number/letter designation, such as 3M. If the last letter is a "P" then these would be Powertuff limbs. You're looking for something like 3MP.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver