Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2010 Limb Question.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotehunter11 View Post
    Oh and while im at it i might as well ask another question lol. I have read before that if you have 50 pound limbs then the bow actually peaks out around 52-53 pounds. Is this true?
    not nessarally [imo ] the strings and cables are the contribiting factor , to many twist or not enough will alter the draw wt. one way or another. but not always ! usually when i make a set of strings and stretch them at 300 lbs. over night & make my final twist at 90-100 lbs and get them to factory specks the bows draw wt.,
    ata , brace ht are almost always on the money. But i have this 2010 rytera alien x when i do everthing just right with the strings & cables and tighten the limb bolts down all the way i get 65 lbs on a 60 lb. bow with the ata, brace ht. right, it has to be the limbs, they must be a little stiffer than normal. which it's ok with me
    does not affect the performance of the bow, i just back it off to where i can pull it back & shoot it .
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

i'm going to reply to my own reply with a question. i always thought the alien xs came in 35/50 45/60 & 55/70 my question is do they offer a 65 lb.bow ?
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

When the limbs are made and sometimes they fall between the standards, but why throw them out? I understand that you can get the "5s" IE 55, 65, if you special order them. Also they occasionally have enough "5s" in stock that they will send them out to dealers that way. This is what I was told, I have no proof.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Curtis,

It's not uncommon for bows to draw a little more than stated. As with the rest of the specs draw weight has some tolerance, too. A couple pounds over or under is within allowable tolerances, but oh my, god forgive them if a 60# bow only makes 58# or 59#. People get so upset over trivial matters. Production models do come in the stated draw weights you list; 35-50, 45-60 and 55-70, but yes it is possible to order a 50# to 65# bow. I have ordered a few in the 40# to 55# range myself.

As you said, if it's a little on the heavy side just back off the limb bolts. In the long run you're probably looking at better longevity for the limbs so it could be a plus.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Curtis,

It's not uncommon for bows to draw a little more than stated. As with the rest of the specs draw weight has some tolerance, too. A couple pounds over or under is within allowable tolerances, but oh my, god forgive them if a 60# bow only makes 58# or 59#. People get so upset over trivial matters. Production models do come in the stated draw weights you list; 35-50, 45-60 and 55-70, but yes it is possible to order a 50# to 65# bow. I have ordered a few in the 40# to 55# range myself.

As you said, if it's a little on the heavy side just back off the limb bolts. In the long run you're probably looking at better longevity for the limbs so it could be a plus.
    thanks barry , maybe they sent me a 65lb. bow! wish i was capeable of shooting a 65 #er, prouble would stay with 55 or 60 . speed dosen't excite me that much but comfort on the old shoulders does , a persons shoulreds will last them a lot longr if they stay away from that 70 lb. + range .
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

If your main concern is your shoulders there is some adjusting you can do. Add about 10 twists to the string and take about 5 out of the
    cable(s). This will shorten the draw length and reduce the draw weight range. At the same time it advances the cam and should make it feel even smoother drawing than it is now. It should also reduce the letoff a bit so there isn't such a hard dropoff into the valley. If by chance the draw length is too short for your liking you can try the next larger module. And don't forget the draw stop adjustment.

Bear in mind that this might not work and you'll have to return the bow to it's original specs, but it's worth a try. Just record everything before you start. Once I have a bow set up for me I always draw a line on the left side of the cam where it passes through the limb fork. Also draw a circle around the base of the draw stop.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver