Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT2 program

Post Thanks / Like

Default OT2 program

Any of you guys have this program and would be willing to run my numbers thru it? Thanks.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.pinwheelsoftware.com/
    Here is a trial version you might be able to download a run you numbers.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Tried that Hutch and it won't work. Someone running it for me on AT.
    2010 Bengal,63#, 28dl, Easton ST Excels 400s @ 27.5", GT 5575s @ 27.5", or Beman 400s @ 27.5, ST 100 Magnums/Grim Reapers, older WB, Bonecollector 1100 Sights, LimbSaver "S" coil stabilizer, Grayling four arrow quiver, nocturnal nocks, Hutch-n-Sons cable/strings

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good at least you will get what you need.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I hope. Jerry at Southshore archery thinks I am spine weak with the 5575s possiblt since I can't seem to get the kick out. May need to try a bit of a stiffer spine and thinking 7595s.

Post Thanks / Like

Just ran the numbers from the specs in your sig line, OT2 shows that as near perfect, just a little on the stiff side but well into the green. Those should tune without any problems. A 7595 will be way too stiff. You may want to check for fletching contact and/or maybe try adjusting the idler lean a little or centershot.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Again, there is any easy way to see if they are the right spine and not too weak. Drop the bow weight to 60# and try tuning from there. It's cheaper than new arrows at this point. Don't forget, computer programs can't take into account any human induced torque to the bow so although useful are not absolute.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something else.

You may want to try different weight field points.A heavier point makes the arrow react as a softer spine and lighter as a stiffer spine.I'd try some 125 gr and 75 gr points and see what you get.Again it's cheaper than new arrows.Wish you luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the input guys. Still looking into other possibilities. By adding the weights according to programs even OT2 says I am borderline weak. I did have the left kick even without them in with the 100gr tips & bhs. Only reason I was looking at the stiffer spine is when I took a couple old xx75's at the same length and tips minus the weights they shot perfectly straight out to 50yds with blazers and zero kick. Oh well it's a long winter up here to work it out.

@ bfisher I dropped the weight after installing the new strings and same outcome. Only thing that flew straight and true was the old xx75 2315s cut to 27 1/2 with those blazers
    Last edited by parttimr; 12-12-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

When I run my numbers thru OT2, I always use the "Hunting" filter in Spine Match.

Running your set-up the same way, w/27.5" GT (assumed XT Hunter) 55/75 shaft, GT nock, Blazers, 100gr pt, it did show spine just slightly weak of dead center in the green "good" range. (theoretical optimal spine being .3977)
    The XX75 2315 was much stiffer. For comparison, the GT 55/75 calc'd .400 spine and the XX75 2315 at .342......the GT 75/95 is a .340 spine

As bfisher says, dropping draw weight should have shown spine related problem, but I'm guessing in this case, it may haven taken a drop all the way down to 57-58lb area to equal what the 2315 did, or what I assume a GT 75/95 would do. (FYI: looks like a 75/95 calc's 266fps.....which IMO isn't bad)

I've tried a couple .400 arrows out of my Bengal (spec in sig) and got them to shoot ok w/fld points, but found it shoots really well, broadhead AND fld points, with the stiffer .340 spine arrow.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove