Thread: SlayR

NUARCHER

Default SlayR

I was just looking for some input on the SlayR on how it preforms over all the bow would be mostly used for hunting deer,elk,turkey.Handshock,noise,draw cycle,ect.Thank you all who reply in advance.Have not shot much so not sure how many flaws there are in my from I am sure alot so maybe the SlayR my not be good for me????????
    Last edited by NUARCHER; 11-28-2007 at 06:38 PM.

flytier17

Slayer does not shoot like a speed bow. It is smooth on the shot, very little jump that is instantly eliminated by a stabilizer, no hand vibration, manageable noise, smooth draw.

The Nitrous cams roll over so easily they can feel smoother than some Solocams; however, they also feel as if they have less letoff than is actually present. As such, some people have problems holding it at the wall, but this can be remedied by shortening the draw length 1/8".

I have not shot an 08 yet, but the structure has not changed so I imagine the feel hasn't either. Not sure on how the CAT cams draw though.

A truly unparallelled speed bow, superb for hunting. Some complain that the A2A is a bit long, and the weight to heavy for hunting, but that is personal preference. I don't have a problem hunting. More than capeable of hunting any game animal in NA.
    Last edited by flytier17; 11-28-2007 at 07:26 PM.

NUARCHER

Which SlayR limbs are bettewr for hunting SuperMag,Mag,SE

xxx
    Post Thanks / Like

There are two Slayr models One spelled SLAYR, and one spelled SLAYER... In 2006 they switched to the SLAYER. So my 2004 is the previous model but I've had it since 2005. It was my Second modern (wheelie) bow. It shoots like a PHOTON CANNON. It makes me a better archer. I swapped my Slayr to X system and it shoots EVEN BETTER... Hold on a second while I drink some more kool aid... I own an S4 and a Bengal. The S4 is a better Spots bow, the Bengal a better hunting bow, but the Slayr does it all real well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NUARCHER View Post
    Which SlayR limbs are bettewr for hunting SuperMag,Mag,SE
    Forget the SE, I know the logo is on the limb, but it is supposed to indicate which limb pockets are on the bow. Don't concern yourself with it..

As for limbs? Martin makes a 13" SuperMag, a 14" Magnum, and 17" Elite limbs. The Elites being those on the S4 and a few others, mainly used for target and long draw fellows.

From personally owning a Slayer I'd would assess it as a pretty good all-round bow, especially if you're a speed freak like me. I'd still recommend shooting before buying.