Thread: 2012 Pantera and Bengal

Post Thanks / Like

Bengal TIME!
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I am with Barry Got a scepter V yet
    OH ok show off the Bengal.....lol
    Last edited by ElkSlayer; 12-14-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Bengal TIME!
    Yep, its Bengal time.

Out of the box, as stated in the opening post, A2A was dead on at 31" while the Brace was about an 1/8" short. Checked the DW and found it to be 75.6#, this is a 70# model so I pulled the string and cable to check the lengths, found the string to be right on the money while the cable was 3/16" short. Got the cable set to factory length and reinstalled and rechecked the DW, it was down to 73.4# but the brace and A2A were both nearly right on, so I left it at that, a little dissapointed that it peaked that high.

I installed the same rest that I had on the Pantera yesterday and set the bow to my specs, 28.5"/60.4#. The 1st shot was absolutly amazing, it felt much better than the 1st shot from the Pantera, almost zero vibration and the only noise was a light thunk from the 4 way stopper on the STS, I switched out the stopper for a MacDaddy and fired another 301 grain arrow, most of the thunk was gone so I loaded up a 370 gr hunting arrow and took a shot, the bow was as quiet as could be expected, the arrow hitting the target made far more noise than the Bengal did.

Mod settings, depending on how you want to look at it, either Martin has the incorrect DL specs listed and these are right on the money or they have the correct DL specs listed and the bow draws a 1/2" long. With the cable on the standard post and the mod set on the longest setting which is #5, the bow drew to an exact 31" AMO, on the #1 mod setting the bow drew to an exact 27" AMO. Either way, the bow set up on the standard post will draw from 27-31" in 1/2" increments and will be dead on AMO for each setting, using the draw stop you can fine tune the DL up a good bit or down just a little. Any way you look at it, the average sized archer will be able to get his exact DL dialed in. Because of time constraints, I didn't take the time to move the cable to the other 2 available posts, you can look back at the Pantera specs and get a pretty good idea where this bow will go to using the other posts.

Speeds, as I stated yesterday, I don't like doing these for the obvious reasons, but I made an exception again. Using the same 2 arrows as I used on the Pantera these are the results.......take them for what they are.

28.5"/60.1# with a 301gr arrow.......avg. 3 shot group....298fps
    28.5"/70.4# with a 354gr arrow......avg. 3 shot group.....303fps
    A little slower than the Pantera, but I didn't leave the chrono setup and may have gotten it in a slightly different location under the lights, even using the indoor light kit, the flourescent light will still have an effect on how a chrono performs. The Bengal, with its shorter A2A and string length should have stayed the same or did slightly better than the Pantera.

Fit and finish on this bow was also very good. The Next Vista pattern is much lighter than last years G1 pattern and has some nice colors to it, not real sure how I like it yet, but I'm sure the deer won't really care one way or the other.

The draw cycle was very similar to the Pantera, not real sure if I could tell the difference between the 2 if I drew them back to back blindfolded, and no........I'm not going to, so don't even bother asking.

Heres a few pics.........

The Bengal also has additional sight mounting holes this year

The STS mounts in a drilled hole with dual set screws to hold it in place, similar to 09/10 models.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

........and a few more pics........

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

jim,great reviews.just top knotch.as much as i did like the bengal im likeing that cat up have up for sale a lot better.i did like the looks of the bengal from the shelf side but from the other it just looks un-finished.if it was cut out like the pantera the it might have gone on my list.

again a fine review from you and thanks for taking your own time to do this for us and all others to read.

here we are folke some real reviews from a real archerx7

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great job on the info archer ,soon as i can im getting a Bengal , i was hoping it was all it was said to be and it looks like it is, great job !on the report , cant wait to get one thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for another great review. If you had to pick one out of the two, which would you choose?
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pantera

Just bought the 2012 Pantera Magnum. Local Archery shop got it in yesterday. Paid $530.00 out the door. I really liked the long axle to axle length the Pantera provides. I shot the bowtech destroyer, carbin element from Hoyt, the PSE G3, and the Bear Carnage. I kept going back to the Pantera because I liked the feel and the price was right. Should be a HUGE upgrade from my PSE Fitzgerald. This is only my second bow, but my first Martin. From being a novice bow shooter, I liked how simple the bow looked and how it felt in my hand. The draw seemed smother to me then some of the $700-$800 bows. Thanks for your previous review, it really helped in my decision.

Post Thanks / Like

i think martin really stepped it up this up this year!! your bow should be something to brag about
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Once again well done ...Thanks
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/