Thread: Prowler pro or Pantera magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prowler pro or Pantera magnum

First year in archery, got an 8 pointer with a Martin Threshold. Tried to put a Toxonics sight on, to much vibration for the more expensive sight, broke a pin. If any one can help me make the decission on a Prowler or Pantera?

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for pantera,very nice shooter.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

big differences there,Bud. the Threshold is at 36" ata length,the Pantera at 34" ata,and the Prowler Prow is a stuby guy at 29" ata. so it depends what you want to do with the bow. What is the bow's main purpose? Target/3D guys like the longer ata bow(Pantera). Alot of treestand/groundblind hunters like the short bows,32"ata and less(my personal preference). also,the shorter bows tend to be a bit more picky about any form flaws and could be a major tuning/shooting headache for a beginner. But,they can be very deadly in the right hands.

Find a good pro shop and ask to try a few different ata length bows to get a feel of how they shoot for you. just make sure the bow actually fits you as far as drawlength is concerned. especially on the shorter bows. If price is a factor and you think you may be wanting to upgrade again in another year,ask your dealer about year end model close outs. a new 2010 can be had for a really good price at alot of places.

any other questions,feel free to ask. BTW,Welcome to the forum. stick around for awhile. we'll teach everything you need to know. HOWEVER,be honest about you,be respectful to others,and keep it clean. the other guys will know where this is coming from. lol
    Last edited by HawgEnvy; 12-13-2011 at 07:13 PM.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

weclome to the funny pages.. its hard for us to pick a bow for you... go shoot both and let the Bow pick YOU... best advise i can give ya bud... enjoy
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

like said above,shoot some bows and find the one you like.if i had to choose then it would be the pantera

welcome to the forum.here is a link with a great review.http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...d-Bengal/page2

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help so far. Went and shot the pantera tonight on the way home at cabela's feels good. Can't find anyone with a prowler, but I'm thinking I might like the smaller bow?

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

if you can find an Exile to shoot,that will give you a good idea of the Prowler's characteristics.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340