Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need helpthat with arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Default need helpthat with arrows

Need some help with arrows. I've been looking at easton infusion arrows and was wondering if a 330 would work for me. I shoot an onza 3 30 in draw set at 70#. Arrows are pricey don't want to waste money
    Last edited by tim300wsm; 12-14-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

What's your draw weight?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    What's your draw weight?
    i think he is saying 70 lbs....but is also asking what bow he shot.im a bit lost.

Post Thanks / Like

I read it as: ONZA III 30"dl at 70#.
    A 330 spine should be stiff enough and if it is a hair on the weak side you can always drop the draw weight down a bit.
    Are you sure you really want to spend $300 for a dozen arrows?
    Also you do know that the inserts do not accept normal field points and the only broadheads that fit them are the new ones from N.A.P.
    built just for those arrows ???

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim300wsm View Post
    Need some help with arrows. I've been looking at easton infusion arrows and was wondering if a 330little would work for me didn't I shoot an onza 3 30 in draw set at 7#. Arrows are pricey don't want to waste money
    Harvest Time HT-2's in 350 spine. unless you're a tourney archer,i don't see where ultra-expensive arrows would be a benefit.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Not unless you can outshoot a .003 arrow. I can't
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

fixed the spelling sorry my droid adds words and changes what u type(kinda a pain in the @$$) easton has a new infuzed model for 2012 $170 a dozen and i get a significant discount working at an archery store part time. I'm currently shooting maxima kv 350 and they are not stiff enough for the bow. I dont particularly want to drop the dw down as I am young and dumb I bought the bow because i wanted to shoot 70# so im looking for an arrow that will work for me. i know you dont need to shoot 70# to kill a deer but im a big guy and i can easily pull 70 all day. when your my age you gotta have speed.

Post Thanks / Like

My OT2 program has not yet been updated for 2012, but I ran the 2011 N-Fused 340 and it came out just on the weak side cut to 29" with 100gr. points, so the 330 spine should be just about perfect.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

my current arrows are close but they just dont seem to be stiff enough kinda heavy too thanks for the help
    Martin ONZA 3 30" 70 #, HHA DS-5510, QAD Ultrarest HDX, Limbsaver stab, Carbon Express MAXIMA KV 350, Grim Reaper whitetail specials

Post Thanks / Like

I too shoot 70ish... Older and still can, so I do.. and use a 2315 @29 1/2 (Dl is set longer )weight is 525 with BH

Since you work in a shop try a few befor you take the discount on teh spendy shafts...lucky guy.
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve