Thread: Crazy Idea....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crazy Idea....

Ok first of i know any alterations will void my warranty, but i had this crazy idea. Ok here it goes, I thought about turning my 2010 Bengal into a
    Frankenbow of sorts. With that being said, is it possible to put another cam on the top riser and make it a dual cam bow. I know i would have to
    take it somewhere to get custom strings done to fit and match but my thoughts are is it worth it. With that being said, its a right handed bow so
    would i need a right handed cam or left handed cam to match up with the lower one for strings. Also how hard would it be to aguire another cam for
    it. So any input would be nice, not really looking for bashing on my idea. Thanks
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

first of all this is not AT so we dont bash ideas.second i have been thinking the same thing.i think a new set of limbs and dual cams would be in order.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

here's a few answers on this thread. http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...creaminCheetah

I had the same idea awhile back with my '08 Cheetah. using a right hand bow,you would need a left hand cam for the top limb. AND,your limbs need to be reinforced to handle the extra stress. The correct string lengths would be needed also. it's a doable project,for sure. But it was cheaper and less of a PITA to just buy a binary cam bow. I picked up an '07 High Country Iron Mace for $200 and an '09 Quest XPB for $250. It came as a "frankenbow" of sorts. The PO put cams from an Elite Z-28 on the Quest. Which would've been fine if he would've had the proper strings. I put the original XPB cams back on it and sold the Z cams for $50,bring the price of the Quest down to $200.

you could probably order the Firecat limbs/cams and strings as long as the ata is close
    Last edited by HawgEnvy; 12-16-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the bad news... Its gonna cost quite a bit for a new cam and limbs, about the same as the FireCat 400 in the classified section.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

i knew something like that would come up

Post Thanks / Like

oh ya it would cost a grip of cash...but if a guy wants to say his bengal has 2 cams not one,it would be worth it.i will kick the idea around till i talk my self into getting cams and limbs,might be a year or 10 who knows.

if you do it the kick me over the string lengths.lol

Post Thanks / Like

only way to make this frankenbow cost efective is to find the Donor Bow dirt cheep as in I have a Broken what ever and hope the un broken is what you need.... put it out there that you want some ones broken bow that they cant get fixed good luck thou not too many broken martins laying around...lol

perhaps the techs @ martin have some un wanted used parts.. shoot em a call see if it even can be done..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    only way to make this frankenbow cost efective is to find the Donor Bow dirt cheep as in I have a Broken what ever and hope the un broken is what you need.... put it out there that you want some ones broken bow that they cant get fixed good luck thou not too many broken martins laying around...lol

perhaps the techs @ martin have some un wanted used parts.. shoot em a call see if it even can be done..
    it is very true ther are not many broken martins or parts for sale.i have serchd AT classifieds and cant find squat for martins....but a guy can find tons of parts for the other bows that people say are the best,and that tells me martin does make a great bow.it also tells me that other bows are not as great as people make them out to be.lol.not bashing just saying

Post Thanks / Like

ive noticed alot of people in here shoot bengals, must be a popular bow

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I shoot one of the Other cats...cougar that is in sig
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve