Thread: Cam comparison

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cam comparison

I currently shoot a Cheetah 2010 model with the Accu Trac 2 cam,,,,,,,,,,,,I am intersted in the 2012 Prowler with the new Fury Cam and was interested to find out how the two compare .I really like the way my Cheetah pulls and holds,,,it's very smooth and solid.I only pull 55 lbs.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the new cam system is a bit better. Here's a link to a recent review of the Pantera and Bengal with the new cam.
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...era-and-Bengal
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I have read that review and could not find any comments that talk about the new Fury cam and/or how it would compare to the Accuu Trac,,,but I do appreciate your reply.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

not in comparison to the accu-track,but the thread has pics and full description of cam adjustments for the Fury XT cam. That is the single cam used on the 2012 line,including the Prowler Pro.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Sounds like the new cam system is a bit better. Here's a link to a recent review of the Pantera and Bengal with the new cam.
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...era-and-Bengal
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKEE View Post
    I have read that review and could not find any comments that talk about the new Fury cam and/or how it would compare to the Accuu Trac,,,but I do appreciate your reply.
    Post #18 - paragraph 5.......I gave a brief desciption of the draw cycle compared to the AcuTrak and Nitro cams. If you are looking for anything specific......let me know and I'll try to help out the best I can as I still have a Ridge Hunter here with the Acu Trak cam.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    Post #18 - paragraph 5.......I gave a brief desciption of the draw cycle compared to the AcuTrak and Nitro cams. If you are looking for anything specific......let me know and I'll try to help out the best I can as I still have a Ridge Hunter here with the Acu Trak cam.
    Could you give us a comparison between the Acu Trak cam and the Fury XT cam?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Yes,,,,a comparison would be good,,,,,,does it pull as smooth? (draw cycle) does it hold as solid?letoff? performance between the two?

Post Thanks / Like

Over Simplified: Anytime the speed increases (FPS) you are going to have to pull little harder sooner. It is an "area under the curve" situation. To get more speed you will need to hit the peak draw weight sooner. EG if you draw the Accu-Trak at 70 pound draw weight and 30" draw length you may hit the full 70# DW at 20" into the draw cycle. To get more speed you will need to hit that peak DW sooner so you may hit 70# at 15" DL. This gives you more time at 70# so it will sling your arrow faster.

My guess is the Fury XT is going to fall in between the Accu-Trak and Nitro/Hybrix cams in terms of draw cycle. It will come in a little faster than the Accu-Trak and feel a little more aggressive but not much.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good answer,,,,,,just going to have to shoot one before I buy