Thread: Martin TRG question??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin TRG question??

I have an Onza 3.I love everything about this bow,only small complaint is string wear on the TRG.I like the concept of the TRG and mine has given no problems,I have had this bow over a year and still on factory strings. now my question. has anyone served the strings where the string slides on the TRG. kind of like where they serve them where they go through the roller on the other brand bow.I would like to know if this would wear on the TRG or should I just put regularly served strings on it??Somebody give me their opinion, thanks.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

serve the strings as they are from the factory. maybe take some fine grit sand paper to the TRG were the strings make contact and smooth it out real good. Most of the guys are ditchin' the TRG in favor of the the rod/slide. if you go the rod/slide route,call Martin CS. They'll send them to you under warranty as a replacement for the TRG.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you are polishing the TRG surface it will be rougher than factory and tear up your string again.

As a man that has been down this road I suggest you call martin and get the cable and slide set-up. I loved the concept of the TRG and still think it has merit, the longevity of the TRG, SOS and Strings just weren't there. Honestly, I just think it's ahead of it's time and needs refinement.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Unless you are polishing the TRG surface it will be rougher than factory and tear up your string again.

As a man that has been down this road I suggest you call martin and get the cable and slide set-up. I loved the concept of the TRG and still think it has merit, the longevity of the TRG, SOS and Strings just weren't there. Honestly, I just think it's ahead of it's time and needs refinement.
    X2....I would replace the TRG with rod and slide.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

i replaced mine, it was making the outside cable flat & worn. didn't seem to affect the inside cable. just to much
    friction on that outside cable because it was much farther out more preasure on it , there is friction on the cable slide also but way less than the trg, i think you will better off if you change also, call customer service they will send you all you need to get it done. my riser was one of the earlyer ones so i made my own sts bracket, works great.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

sts bracket !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,