Thread: Need info again

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need info again

I was waiting for Slayer x, 08 limbs 13 inch and receive 14 inch.Can i use them to replace the 13 inch if i use the appropriate cable and string with the CAT2 cams.

I have a set of Nitrous x B cam can i fix them with cables and string.

Where i can find theese specs? (cables and string lenght?
    It's 2H limbs what the draw weight and brace i'LL obtain with the 2 different cam?
    It's a lot of info if somebody can help me I'll appreciate.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf1 View Post
    I was waiting for Slayer x, 08 limbs 13 inch and receive 14 inch.Can i use them to replace the 13 inch if i use the appropriate cable and string with the CAT2 cams.

I have a set of Nitrous x B cam can i fix them with cables and string.

Where i can find theese specs? (cables and string lenght?
    It's 2H limbs what the draw weight and brace i'LL obtain with the 2 different cam?
    It's a lot of info if somebody can help me I'll appreciate.
    Thanks
    Have a set of 2M 13" limbs off my 2nd 06 Slayer, got about 46# with C X nitrous, B's would be about 5 -8#'s more.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you're going to find the 14" limbs compatable with the Cat2 cams. If you take notice there are sexbolts (rivets) through the ends of the limb forks of the limb forks for those bows that use the Cat/Nytro cams. There is a reason for this. These cams create a lot more energy due to a harsher draw so the limb tips must be reinforced. If the 14" limbs don't have this reinforcing then there is a real possiblity that the limb tips would split or delaminate where the axles are installed.

You should be able to use the Nitrous X cams as this was a standard setup beginning in 2004. The 14" limbs will give a higher brace height, longer a2a, and a little less speed, but are still a good cam on this bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Elk slayer. Bfisher your'e right. Martin send me an E-mail this afternoon ( 14 limbs will not be compatible with your bow ask your dealer to contact us ) great service Martin.I'll wait .Thanks for the answer.