Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed nocks?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Speed nocks?

Anyone here have speed nocks on a single cam bow? I sure its been done just wondering. I think with my new chrono I am going to experiment.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I don't on mine, but have considered it with my next set of strings. I would definitely want to have a chrono handy before I really did too much with them. Curious to know what guys come up with on the single cams. Seems like a lot of bows lately are coming with the speed nocks stock.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

like Droppixel said there hutch , i also have seen a lot of new bows come with them stock , had the itch to get a new one been out shopping , don't think it will be anytime soon though. waiting for my 1911 to arrive that has first priority.have a happy Holiday, Would like to know how they werk though, i don't have a crony,but had some things changed on my saber ,and the tech did some weird things, with some knocks on my string , and i can tell its way faster, i am getting pass threw , on my targets now

Post Thanks / Like

i don't use the brass nocks, instead i make 6 wraps with black electric tape and slip a 1 inch piece of heat shrink tube over it & heat, then i put those little bowjax string sliencers in the center of that. trying to kill 2 birds with one stone, speed nock & string sliencer. they have not come loose as of yet , been on my bows for a while now. don't know if they increase the speed or not ,don't have a crono graph . looks kinda cool ! will try and get pics. and post.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Bowgramp, it just proves you don't necessarily need brass nocksets, but to get the best results a chrono is an absolute must. You have to experiment with just how much weight to add and just how far from the cam(s) to locate it to get the best results. And no matter what people think the speed gain is not enough to be able see with the naked eye or ears. Usually the gain is only about 3 to 8 fps. Still, if it makes a person happy then they are in a positive mood and that helps the mental game.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

might try and get a crono after i get al this christmas out of the way, just to play around with.
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

see if i can find these pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

not very good pics. kinda blury
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i have the tru nock by truball if any of you have ever heard of it, i dont necessarily know if it is considered a speed nock, according to my research it is supposed to increase fps slightly but i have never even shot my bow over a chrono so i wouldnt know.for those of you who have never heard of it it is a metal nock loop and a plate that bolts onto your bow string with tiny screw and loctite. i havent noticed a difference in accuracy or anything the only thing i have noticed is that when i pull the trigger on my release it makes a slight metal to metal sound now because of the initial contact. it does get rid of nock loop flattening and jaw hang up completely, and it reduces spin and slippage, so if anything its a safety feature

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    i have the tru nock by truball if any of you have ever heard of it, i dont necessarily know if it is considered a speed nock, according to my research it is supposed to increase fps slightly but i have never even shot my bow over a chrono so i wouldnt know.for those of you who have never heard of it it is a metal nock loop and a plate that bolts onto your bow string with tiny screw and loctite. i havent noticed a difference in accuracy or anything the only thing i have noticed is that when i pull the trigger on my release it makes a slight metal to metal sound now because of the initial contact. it does get rid of nock loop flattening and jaw hang up completely, and it reduces spin and slippage, so if anything its a safety feature
    Be wary of this if you don't have a string stopper or something similar:
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff