Thread: Making a rear mount for STS?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Making a rear mount for STS?

Now that the season is winding down I'm getting rid of my TRG/SOS and converting to the conventional rod and slide and lower STS. The only problem that I have is that I have one of the earlier 2011 models that doesn't have the lower hole oposite of the Quick lock stabilizer mount. I'm not a big fan of the front mounted string supressors and would prefer that the STS be threaded directly into the riser from the rear. So the question is, Has anyone attempted to drill and thread the hole themselves? Or should I just accept the fact that I have to mount one from the front.
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

Call Martin's CS, my Onza dosen't have the cut out for the low mount STS, they told me I could send the bow back and they would machine it to accept the low mount unit.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Shipping the bow back kinda scares me. Have you seen the video that came out this week of the delivery man for a certain parcel company, (I won't say the name) throwing someone's brand new computer moniter over their fence? When they told you to ship it back, did they say if they would pay for shipping under the warrenty?
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

scroll down to the thread = martin trg question theres a picture on how i fixed mine ,might give you some idea for yours.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    scroll down to the thread = martin trg question theres a picture on how i fixed mine ,might give you some idea for yours.
    Looks like you attached your bracket to the rear of the riser, was there already a hole there or did you drill it yourself?
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

it's just like the stablizer quick connect. i think it's for the V bar stabalizers . you can't attach a sts to it , it is at to much of a slant. i just made the bracket and bent it to where it lines with the stablizer. works pretty good & i don't notice any more noise than before !
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

BOWGRAMP59 Give us some more details please, I really like the look of your Modification, I also have an early Onza that is not cut to accept and STS. Went with a front mount Limbsaver but am not happy with it, seems bulky and didn't seem to quiet the bow like it should. What STS is that on your bow and how thick was the material you made the bracket from?

Post Thanks / Like

the material was 3/16 thick 3/4 wide , i just put the metal which was longer than it needed to be in a vice and bent by hammering it to the shape that i needed minor ajustments will need to be made to get it paralel with your stablizer. i used a 1 1/4" piece of round tube with a 3/8' inside diamenter this piece needs to be thick enough so you can drill and tap the threads to hold the sts in place i acutally used thin wall tube & built up one side with my wire welder then drilled and tapped the threads i used the same size set screw that is used on most sts, i used a martin sts , had to cut it down to size. i'm ahead of myself a 5/16 hole needs to be drilled in the material first this hole is where you atatch it to the bow with the quick connect, then do the bending so you can put the round piece in it's proper place, it's not a quick job , i just like doing these type things , i do as much diy things as i can, if a person has a welder, cutoff saw, grinder ,a few files , torch, he can just about build anything he needs . i wish i could afford a laythe, maybe later.
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,