Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OH oh !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Have the limbs back off . I can see through the barrel nuts. Wouldn't even think about shooting it till someone loooks at it. Will try to get better pictures tomorrow.

Well I have a back up bow . Will be setting the High Country up in the morning. That Will be interesting cause I'll be switching back to a right hand bow.
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    How do you know the e clip fell off and caused the damage? Maybe the limb splitting caused unequal pressure on the yoke and caused the e clip to pop off as a result of the split?
    Actually the e-clip coming off would cause the limb to splinter as there is no yoke to hold equal pressure and this would cause limb to twist and splinter under a heavy load.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro x,Martin mounted ripcord rest,Sword twilight hunter site,G5 maglock quiver,carbonx stab,H&S custom threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I think it is possible it could do that. I also believe that if the limb split it would be the weaker side and put a side load on the e clip and pop it off. There really is no way to say how it happened, it is just a guess at best IMO.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Cann't seem to get a decent picture of the limb.

Got my back up out and I'm sighted in out to 30yds. Sure is differant going back to the "RIGHT SIDE". Will be out in the ground blind in the morning.
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you, hope that the High Country works out for you, even if you have to shoot from the correct side. Really hope that you get your Slayer back up and shooting, hate to see a bow go down, especially a Slayer ! Knocking wood, both of mine are rock solid.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Hey RJD, a completely off topic question...how do you like those limb dampeners on your bow??? Gander Mtn has them on clearance and I have been debating picking up a pack. Do they move around? Are they too bulky?

Thanks in advance, sorry about your bow. I'm sure Martin will help you fix it up, they've given me top-notch service to the point that I'll probably never buy another brand simply because of their service.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    How do you know the e clip fell off and caused the damage? Maybe the limb splitting caused unequal pressure on the yoke and caused the e clip to pop off as a result of the split?
    As I said, I can't clearly see what damage the limb actually has. Further more for the limb to twist enough to put enough pressue on an e-clip to pop it off would really be severe and would most likely cause the string to derail. I've seen a few cases of e-clips being missing or not being seated right and later popping off while shooting. This can allow the axle to slide part way out of the limb and cause what we are looking at. Just from my years of experience I think this is more probable than just outright limb failure. But then again, with all the stress and vibration that goes on with a bow being shot I guess anything can happen.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you are saying Barry. It makes sense too. What I was getting at was maybe the limb spit on the shot, then the unequal pressure caused the e-clip to pop off. I would imagine the limbs would have some eratic and violent movements if one split.

I it all turns out well RJD.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Ron called on Tuesday. Limbs are on the way.

Blonebomber:

Like them . They really helped quite the Slayer down. They are pretty tight on the limb. They came in a set with a couple of Jaxs and string leaches. The leaches sucked, they only lasteda few weeks. Back to cats whiskers!!!

Hutch:

Ron seems to thinck the clip was already off somehow. Then this is the after affects.
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to read that your Slayer will soon be back in action.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade