Thread: Cable & String replacement

Post Thanks / Like

Question Cable & String replacement

I have real quick question regarding bow strings and cables. I think the Hammerhead string and cables are pretty good and I have had no issue with pep rotation and or string fray. In the past I have used Vapor Trail (great price for the quality) and Octane (pricy but the quality is outstanding) replacements but Iím curious too what others use and why. I will be replacing a Fire Cat 400 string and cables soon; the Fire Cat has the Nitro cams. Thxs for any input.

Post Thanks / Like

i was useing winners choice befor i knew any better,last time i will ever pay 110 for string and cables.hutch and archerx7 both make strings.you would have to pm archerx7 about cost...

hutch on the other hand is still running his special on string and cable.he has sold to several people on the forum and they all give 100% reviews on his string set.i my self will be getting a set from hutch sometime next year.here id the link to hutch strings.
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...rings-for-sale!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 sets of Hutch's strings and could not be happier.His is as good as any other string makers
    at a better price.Actually in the process of ordering another set.Just kills me to have to give him so much credit LOL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

I am also using Hutch's strings. I ran into a situation where my string broke and I needed a replacement. I placed the order with Hutch and it arrived incredibly quick. I wasn't sure how to put them on, so I went to a shop to have it done and it took me longer to get a time with the guy at the shop than it took for the strings to arrive. I started with a tubed peep, and after shooting it for a little while, the tube popped off, and I didn't like getting slapped in the face, so I tried a tubeless peep and since I installed it at the end of summer, it has not moved at all.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

IF YOU DONT USE HUTCH STRINGS YOU CAN GO HOME. LMAO Just kidding, I also use his strings after issues with the last set i had from another
    string maker. Hutches strings were exact to specs of martins strings and ive had 0 peep rotation. The guys at Sportsmans Warehouse thought his
    strings were off with specs turns out the others guys was 1/2inch too short so my bow shoots better than ever now. If you go with Hutch theres no way u can go wrong.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

Ive used vapor trail,WC,zebra,all good but pricey.So many string builder's out there it's going to be tough on choosing a builder.Ive got the hammer heads on my bow now,there pretty expensive also......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    i was useing winners choice befor i knew any better,last time i will ever pay 110 for string and cables.hutch and archerx7 both make strings.you would have to pm archerx7 about cost...

hutch on the other hand is still running his special on string and cable.he has sold to several people on the forum and they all give 100% reviews on his string set.i my self will be getting a set from hutch sometime next year.here id the link to hutch strings.
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...rings-for-sale!
    With Hutch still running his special, it's a no brainer, excellent string and cables, at a very affordable price. I can't wait to get my set!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. If Hutch is listening I need a set for a fire cat 400 nitro 2011, hopefully lime green and black, if not will try to get with him on line. If he has a # and or web please help. Iím starting my January mule deer and javelin hunt 1 Jan-31Jan. The Rut is just starting here in N. Az and hoping that the work I put in pre hunt helps out. I hope the fire cat delivers. Thxs for the input and will get with Hutch. I hope the holiday deliver for all of you, my holiday starts on 1 Jan hunt.
    Tosi
    Rangers Lead the Way

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just pm'd you, Take a look in my albums and in the classifieds I have a sticky. That gives you pricing.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com