Thread: Cable Confusion II

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cable Confusion II

"Help! Is there a correct/definitive route for the cables on my 2011 Shadowcat Nitro cam 1.5 to follow?
    On YouTube:-

It shows the cables crossing above the cable guide (getting no string rub), my bow came set up the other way cables crossing below and the guide with the longer slot closest to the riser but.... there was in this position a little bit of cam play (felt as if the cam bearings had gone) when in the crossed above mode with the short slot of the cable guide there is no movement and to further add to the problem if you take a look at the new Martin Scepter bow on page 10 the picture of the "drawn bow" shows the cables crossing above, on page 11 it shows the bow in Red cables crossing below but with the long slot closest to the riser (which would give cable rub) and then there is the picture of the Skulls camo bow crossing below with the guide position the other way!!! Will shooting my bow with the cables crossing above and minus the cam slop be a danger to me, risk derailment or increase torque in some way??

Post Thanks / Like

It shouldn't make any difference if the cables cross above, or below the cable rod. As long as they don't rub when the bow is drawn. I'd say set them however you like them best, and feel safest about it. All my bows have the cables crossing underneath the guide rod. That's just how they came from Martin. As far as differences in their catalog, they are just using mock-up bows for the pictures. I doubt any of the bows in there are set up properly, and if you look back over the years at anyone's catalog, you can see alot of discrepencies.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, It was the slight "rock" that I was getting, in that you could push the cams up and down in the direction of the bowstring and get a detection of movement that I had the real issue with, but as I said with the cable crossover above the slider all is solid.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe on the dual cams the cross of the cable matters as much. Most of the Shadowcats have them on the top. I do know almost all the single cams have them on the bottom.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com