Thread: string too short

Post Thanks / Like

Default string too short

I have a 2010 cheetah and got a new string for it they both measure to the right length 85 and 31.5. But in order to get my cam looking like the pics posted my string has to be almost all the way untwisted and the cable is twisted up quite a bit too. But now my poundage seems too high so I have it cranked down. And my axle to axle is 29 3/4 instead of 30 what should I do? Do I need a longer string. Had them made by extremebowstrings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timbow View Post
    I have a 2010 cheetah and got a new string for it they both measure to the right length 85 and 31.5. But in order to get my cam looking like the pics posted my string has to be almost all the way untwisted and the cable is twisted up quite a bit too. But now my poundage seems too high so I have it cranked down. And my axle to axle is 29 3/4 instead of 30 what should I do? Do I need a longer string. Had them made by extremebowstrings.
    Was the cam rotated excessively forward or backward? If it wasn't, then it was probably fine. The Accutrak cam doesn't have to be in an exact location, just fairly close.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't to bad but it seems to shoot better with the string comin of at the a in acutrak instead of under the k. And for some reason quieter and more accurate. And what about my ata?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If your string and cable are at the correct length, and mounted on the bow. You need to start there to make any adjustments. Once on the bow you start with the ata. Correcting that is not always just untwisting or twisting the cable. You NEED to get the ata by twisting or untwisting the cable and twist or untwist the string to keep the cam in place. There are a lot of combos people use but I use 1 to 2. That is 1 twist or untwist of the cable to 2 twists of the string keeping a balance in the bow. Once ata is correct you need to get brace height correct that is by rotating the cam forward or backward. Forward decreases and backward increases bh. This also will quiet the bow if done right. In the end you should have ata with in a 1/4" or less Bh within 1/8" and the correct draw length.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

A picture of what you are describing would be helpful, but rather than mess with the string I'd be more inclined to remove twists from the cable. This should make the a2a longer and reduce the draw weight. At the same time it's going to make the draw length longer, but this has to be shorter than with the previous string anyway.

You don't, by any chance have a CCS on the bow do you? If so then the cable should be approximately 1/2" longer than with the standard rod/slide configuration.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver