Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    I am thinking about repainting one of my Shadowcats. It currently has the factory leopard spot camo, and I'm more of a black satin finish sort of person.

I am more than capable of doing all the work myself, but is there any particular paint that suits best.

Please bear in mind that I'm in the UK, so paint type, as opposed to 'xyz brand available at Wall Mart is good', as we probably don't have that brand over here, and we definitely don't have Wall Mart.

Consider yourself lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lite Beer View Post
    A nightmare lies ahead for you, as I said mine is mid strip (using Nitromors Paint Remover) and the finish of the bare metal that lies beneath will need a heck of a lot of polishing to get to anodising/bare metal lacquered finish standard, and all the holes/cut outs in a riser just make the job a whole lot more tedious.
    Have you got any photos of your progress so far? Under the paint is the alu anodized or is it just a dull finnish?
    Testing testing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkember View Post
    Have you got any photos of your progress so far? Under the paint is the alu anodised or is it just a dull finish?
    Just taken some pics:- Stripped riser would be a polishing finish nightmare should anyone wish to go that route, nothing anodised under the paint, very pitted and knocked about looking under the Black Carbon effect finish, so far got mine to bare metal, 1st stage primer filled and taken back down ready for spraying a 2nd time.

Going to leave limbs as they are, and fancying something like deep red metal flake or good old British racing green (target bow) for the paint at the minute but all depends on what the nephew has on his shelves, getting stabilisers done to match too, and taking the opertunity to build a new set of cables/string while it's in bits.
    Last edited by Buzz Lite Beer; 01-01-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    2011 Shadowcat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Paint job done and back together

Well I like it!!!

New strings made by me, everything in spec, Peep aligned just nice no rotation,
    and only three bits left in the box
    (intentionally left off STS and VEM's)
    2011 Shadowcat