Thread: martin ridge hnter 30 1/2"?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default martin ridge hnter 30 1/2"?

my old bow is set at 30.5" (i think anyhow) maybe 31 chrono'd in the 2teens, . Q. when my new Ridge hunter arrives does anyone know if my 32" 2219 xx75 are gonna work? i know they're heavy but i just cant cough up any more dough for shafts anytime soon. I have large rocky mtn razor 130-140 gr broadheads, are they gonna fly like paper airplanes at these higher velocities? Save them for nostalgic purposes? How many inches am i gonna lose in trajectory at 30 yards by a comparable 300 series carbon? and lastly

Q. can a ridge hunter be set in 1/2" increments? thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madman350 View Post
    my old bow is set at 30.5" (i think anyhow) maybe 31 chrono'd in the 2teens, . Q. when my new Ridge hunter arrives does anyone know if my 32" 2219 xx75 are gonna work? i know they're heavy but i just cant cough up any more dough for shafts anytime soon. I have large rocky mtn razor 130-140 gr broadheads, are they gonna fly like paper airplanes at these higher velocities? Save them for nostalgic purposes? How many inches am i gonna lose in trajectory at 30 yards by a comparable 300 series carbon? and lastlyQ. can a ridge hunter be set in 1/2" increments? thanks for the help.
    Thats a tough question. As purely a guess, I'd say more than 6". Your XX75's weigh 13.8 grm per inch, add your Rocky Mountain heads and you're up around 18 gpi. A carbon is going to weigh around 9-11 gpi.
    I think that the Ridge Hunter and its Acu Trak cam is adjustable in 1/2" increments, you move the cable to a differnt peg on the cam. Welcome to the forum.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

thanks and your welcome. do you think them rocky mtn's (original razors with 3 and 4 blades) will be to fat/wide for the increased FPS? i really am wanting to try to get them dulled up a little before i retire them.

Post Thanks / Like

If you install your Rocky Mountain points on a 300 series Carbon, your foc ( foreward of center )will go up, meaning that the balance point of the arrow will be way forward of center. Your biggest problem will be tuning your Ridge Hunter to shoot them as those big wide heads will tend to plane, if you use a 4 or 5 in vane you'll have more to stabilize the arrow, don't think that a blazer type will control those points.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

If your using this setup for shooting deer, well then you sir have a great arrow. Tune your bow to shoot those arrows accurately out to a reasonable and ethical distance (whatever your comfortable with), and you will have a killing machine...

Dont be scared by the speed loss or trajectory of your arrow cuz of its weight...that extra weight helps with momentum and K.E.

Good luck sir.
    Jake