Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Like Changes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do You Like Changes?

I'd just like to know do you guys like the changes that happen almost every day in the computer/internet world? Not only our forum, but all else - sites, forums, programmes, formats. What do you think?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Yes change is good,without it where would we be in this place we call planet earth...

Post Thanks / Like

Change is good if you have warning that it is coming, and you have an ability to find old information after the change. If we all knew this change was coming, we would have probably made sure we got all of the information that was important to us before the forum changed. Hopefully the old info comes back soon.
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

I really like many changes, but I'm also partly in with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" crowd and, agree that if a change it coming some advanced notice would be appreciated.

Maybe you can call them "smoke breaks", but most work days the only break I get is a quick check in on places like the Martin Tech Forum or a dirt bike forum I go to.......or use to. My site visits there were greatly reduced because of a similar site changes and having to figure out where everything was again.......annoying

As for other changes in addition to these couple sites, I work with several programs. Small updates are one thing, but complete make overs and operation changes frustrate the hell out of me. Not only do I not have a lot of spare time to try and learn how things work again, but once I do figure it out, I end having to explain to some others I work with how it's now done.........productively goes right down the toilet and I'm spending 12hr day attempting to do 8hrs work (no OT pay for me).

In our company we're still working with Windows XP Pro because it works just fine. It's been a good stable functional system and programs we use run well on it. I dread the day (which is coming soon) when we change to Windows 7, the latest greatest MS Office and then learn some of our custom programs may no longer work, and/or require change.
    Our IT guy is off-site, and typically has to do work here off hours. So in the meantime, I somehow ended up being the go to guy and/or coordinator with him until he can get to things (matter of fact, just had a call from one of our guys in the field on a tech problem).........Many (most?) that work for this company are a bit high-tech challenged and do not take change well at all. Hell, I've been here 11yrs and still can't a couple to just to simply reboot their PC first to see if that fixes issues before they start panicking. And that does fix 90+% of their issues.

This reminds me. I have to make home email/internet changes soon at home because of Qwest and MSN no longer playing together like they use too......Frustrating

(sorry for being so windy)
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

SonnyThomas

Default Do You Like Changes?Reply to Thread.

Websites should not change when there is nothing wrong with the system. In other words, IF AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

Computers are upgraded daily, sometimes hourly, but that doesn't mean my computer operates differently for me. I have the same screens (same color, skin and scheme) and everything is where it was after the update/upgrade. Upgrades should improve things.

What we have on the Martin site is pure shoddy handling. No questions put to the users of wanted improvement. No notification to the users. Nothing was improved, things don't want to work, things lost and changes made some don't care for one bit.

There was a 14 year old kid in Chat on AT. Evidently the kid was a master mind when setting up websites. At the time he went through Proboards to set up his website. Beautiful site and monitored by him and his mother. Like most archery sites it took off and now sort of rides in limbo. He let the site die, so to speak. A year after he let it die it still functions like brand new and looks brand new. It just occupies cyberspace. Maybe we should get him to set up the Martin site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    In our company we're still working with Windows XP Pro because it works just fine. It's been a good stable functional system and programs we use run well on it.
    I agree with you there. I'm still using Windows XP as well, and I'd take it over Widows Vista any day.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with the rest of you guys. The old site was only in need of good spam filtering, IMO.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Windows Vista was terrible.
    Microsoft will be stopping suport of XP Service Pack 3 mid 2014 (& stopped previous version support). Guess the good thing is the little I've played with Windows7 seems great, but just different and will take some adjustment time.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    Oh Windows Vista was terrible.
    Microsoft will be stopping suport of XP Service Pack 3 mid 2014 (& stopped previous version support). Guess the good thing is the little I've played with Windows7 seems great, but just different and will take some adjustment time.
    Windows 7 is supposed to be better than Vista, and from what I've heard, it is. To run Vista well it needs way more memory than XP. Not to mention the "Are you sure you want to do this? Are you really sure?" That is, of course not actually what comes up, but it's ANNOYING! I found tips and programs online, and now you can actually open your antivirus software(and anything else) without Vista asking if you really want to open it. I can't remember everything I found, but with some modifications, Vista isn't horrible any more.
    I'll still take my XP over Vista any day.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Splitter. I just sent you a PM. Did you get it?

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver