Thread: 2010 Warthog

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Warthog

Looking at adding a Wartog to the stable. Going to get up to shot it this week. Anything I should expect ? Was wondering how the 2" shorter ATA with the 6 1/4" brace height would affect it . This is compared to the '06 Slayer.

Also the difference in the cams. The Cat Hybrids as oppesed to the Nitrous "B" cams. Already know my little T-Rex arms are going to cost me some speed.
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

Hey RJD,
    I own a 2010 Warthog and have already swapped the limbs for the newer 2011 solids. So far, has been one of my most accurate bows. The lower brace height doesn't seem to be a detriment, and the bow shoots smoothly and quietly. I really DO like the beautiful, slim grip and riser.....feels and looks terrific. I initially kept my eyes open for more limb failure, but the solids appear to be working out very well. If you have a chance to snag one, I'd go for it. Hopefully, Martin will re-introduce the Warthog at some point, but it will probably be a completely new build.
    Best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like

As I recall, the Warthog replaced the Slayer in Martin's lineup in 2008, if that is any help. As far as comparing Cat Cams to the Nitrous B's, the Cats will have a harsher draw cycle than the B's do. Speed wise, Nitrous B cams are the most efficient shorter draw cam Martin has produced, but you already knew that, since your Slayer was your goto bow.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 2010 warthog on it,s way i am pumped

Post Thanks / Like

Just trying to decide if the draw cycle diffenence is worth it . I know my Slayer is a great shooter. My Firecat with the first gen Cat Cams was nice but has that hump with every thing twisted up . Speed wise I'm thinking it is a wash. Was mainly wondering if one would be a better shooter over the other. Money wise getting it fairly cheap. Would be selling the Slayer later if I go that route.

Not sure what to do ? Frustating!!
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec