Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Post Hello everyone

Hello to everyone, name's Krzysztof [yep, not english, stands for Christopher].

It took me a bit to choose new bow and it's Martin Exile so, I'm joining this respectable site with great deal of hope for help in getting back to archery after some break [it all looks bit different from where I left 40+Y ago].

While examining my new Exile I've discovered small damage to limb material as pictured below.
    Would appreciate your advice on best method to secure damaged spot.

BTW
    DL was changed by dealer on my request prior to shipping.
    I'm waiting for reply from dealer on this issue and also the fact, that there was no draw stop screw supplied [I don't believe Martin sells without one].

Regards,
    Krzysztof

Exile no draw stop supplied and limb damage discovered while installing diy draw stop.jpg
    Exile limb damage closeup 1.jpg
    Exile limb damage closeup 2.jpg
    [B]2011 Martin Exile
    [B]2012 Hoyt CRX-32

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, well looks like that make shift draw stop is the problem , is that a new bow?I would be concerned about that limb with that much damage , it will fail on you, If that is to be a new in the box bow i would take it back.If not new wait till some of the others here ring in and give u some better advise, good luc

Post Thanks / Like

Yep that draw stop is wrong,even though it may work i would get the right one,also looks like when the module was changed that one screw rubbed against the limb,doubt it would hurt anything but looks whise not good.
    But the draw stop really needs to be changed asap.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think the draw stop would contact the limb that close to the axle and you can see a bit of a 'dent' in the foam pad where it does hit.
    That damage looks to be from removing and installing the module screw when the draw length was changed.
    Guess they didn't pull the cables in to rotate the cam for clearance.
    I would for sure take it back in to the dealer and at least get documentation just incase there is an issue down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Spiker, looks like the module screw was backed out across the limb tip, gouging it. As mentioned, I would take it back to your dealer and have him request a new limb. For a 1st time poster, you have provided excellent photo documentation, welcome to the forum.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Krzysztof -
    Dobrodosli.! My family came here from the Gdansk area back in the late 1800's.

Okay - back on topic:

After looking at the pics again on my computer, rather than my phone, The damage is certainly from the mod screw being drug accross
    the limb and it is not just cosmetic - the fibers of the limb are clearly torn loose.
    The shop should stand behind this and replace the limb.

Post Thanks / Like

it looks like the shop did not even try to rotate the cam.they just unscrewd it and screwed it back in causing the damage.for sure the shop should fix this issue and at no cost to you.maybe a power drill was used.if a guy used a allan wrench then you would feel the grinding on the limb.kind of looks like a quick zip thing to me.

welcome to the forum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post

After looking at the pics again on my computer, rather than my phone, The damage is certainly from the mod screw being drug accross
    the limb and it is not just cosmetic - the fibers of the limb are clearly torn loose.
    The shop should stand behind this and replace the limb.
    x2 This is certainly correct. You should definitely take it back to the shop.

Welcome to the Martin Forum!

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    it looks like the shop did not even try to rotate the cam.they just unscrewd it and screwed it back in causing the damage.for sure the shop should fix this issue and at no cost to you.maybe a power drill was used.if a guy used a allan wrench then you would feel the grinding on the limb.kind of looks like a quick zip thing to me.

welcome to the forum
    Thanks very much to all of you Gents for your comments.
    I see the case same way as you.
    One thing makes me concerned: further expansion of damage. And how likely this is going to develop.
    I 've purchased Exile online from PA located dealer so difficult to go back in person with the bow in hand.
    First response from dealer is rather... diplomatic; shall see how case rolls out; advising final outcome.
    [B]2011 Martin Exile
    [B]2012 Hoyt CRX-32

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarE6027 View Post
    Thanks very much to all of you Gents for your comments.
    I see the case same way as you.
    One thing makes me concerned: further expansion of damage. And how likely this is going to develop.
    I 've purchased Exile online from PA located dealer so difficult to go back in person with the bow in hand.
    First response from dealer is rather... diplomatic; shall see how case rolls out; advising final outcome.
    I can't say for sure, but I don't think that any more damage will occur in that area; however, I wouldn't shoot it anymore because the limb could snap, and also you need a drawstop before shooting the bow anymore.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com