Thread: Martin MANTIS rest q&A

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin MANTIS rest q&A

anybody with much experience with the Mantis rest? how do you like them? any fletching No-no's to keep in mind while setting up for this rest like 1). fletching heigth or length restrictions? 2). any helical/ offset limitations to consider?personally i really like the concept of it and really want it to work out for me and hope others are liking it too.
    i just dont want to fletch up incorrectly for it. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

No real feltching considerations to worry about. I have heard, and from looking at it, it's a decent rest for beginners, but you'll probably want to change to something else later on. I have heard that the "prongs" wear out pretty fast and can make some noise when drawing the arrow. Looking at them, the prongs seemed to be pretty weak, and I noticed that they didn't hold up heavy arrows very religiously. I had a couple of arrows fall through the prongs. All in all, not a bad rest, but there are alot better out there to be had.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I got rid of mine in favor of a drop away rest (Code Red). I use blazers and the left vane was hitting the little rubber loading gate at the shot often throughing my shot off. I solved that for a while by clipping off the gate then it shot pretty decent. Check that area if you do wind up using it. My groups got considerably better with the drop away installed.

Post Thanks / Like

well thanks for that, and since i'll be using heavy arrows i will keep any eye on the prongs and see if they look like if they are weakening from supporting a 2219 xx75 for very long. it looks like it's a quiet enough of a rest, the prongs look to be maybe a little out of adjustmentfrom the get go right out of the box.
    Last edited by madman350; 01-11-2012 at 05:26 AM.