Thread: What I learned over the weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default What I learned over the weekend

DO NOT use a plastic kisser button on a Exile that still has the TRG. I decided to try a kisser button and guess what happened on the first shot Pieces of the kisser flying everywhere.........mostly in my face! I still have welts on my cheek. Upon examining the setup, it appears the string can come far enough forward at the shot for a kisser to hit the TRG. I think I may just tie a not for a reference or use a cushion nock which is soft and quite a bit smaller. Glad it didn't hit me in the eye!

Post Thanks / Like

I glad that you did'nt get seriously injuried.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

OUCH! You still have two functioning eyes I hope.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I do, but a piece of it hit me about 1/2" below my left eye, could have been a trip to the emergency room if it had hit me a bit further north...... I posted this more as a heads up to any folks who still have the TRG cable guard system and considering a kisser button. I've got them on my Onza and Rytera with standard slide and rod with no problems.