Thread: Weston Gear 8000 RPM Arrow Saw with Dust Collecting Attachment.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weston Gear 8000 RPM Arrow Saw with Dust Collecting Attachment.

I received this Tool this afternoon. It is made by Weston Gear. It is the Precise cut 8000 RPM Arrow Saw with Dust collecting Attachment . I opened it up and a screw fell out from in between the Styrofoam. I got nervous when parts start falling out before I fully open it. I had no clue where it came from at the time. ( I found out later ).

A little about the Arrow saw

It weighs around 5-6 pounds and is roughly 39 1/4 in length. The paint looks alright. I didn't see no blemishes. It collects dust and shavings while cutting. 8,000 RPM continuous blade speed. Designed to cut all types of arrow shafts. Fixed measuring scale ensures accurately cut arrows every time. Heavy duty 110 volt motor. Precision ball bearing spin testers included. It sits on anti slip rubber feet. All hardware included with the saw. Quick and easy blade changing and it includes one replacement blade.

Spin Testers included

It comes with an extra blade, 4 Allens and 1 wrench.

it also comes with two dust collector adapter. 1 1/4, 2 1/4.

Post Thanks / Like

There is some assembly required before operating. if you buy the saw with the dust collector You have to apply the measuring tape sticker yourself. With a little measuring ( because of the Shaft location bracket). You have to take in to account the location of the nock within the shaft location bracket. One snip and stick it on. The Spin testers just stick on top of the L shaped metal body. After reading the manual and making sure that the tape was in the right placed. With safety glasses on...I turned it on. ( Grinding sound! ). i turned it off quick and did another once over. The motor was only attached to the body of the saw with one allen bolt and it was swiveling!. Now I know where the other Allen bolt that fell out during the unwrapping process came from. When I removed the dust cover to make sure that motor was level I also noticed that the blade was already chipped. I installed the loose Allen bolt and checked the rest of the bolts just to make sure. Somebody must have taken a break during the second Allen bolt factory install and forgot to check. They show two types of cuts in the manual, The Through cut and the roll cut. I'm going with the Roll cut. I followed the instructions by making sure that the blade will only go half way through the arrow shaft by adjusting the arrow shaft guide. When you place the arrow in to be cut, it will only go half way through. the guide is there to make sure it stops, then you roll or rotate the shaft until it is cut.

I always keep old arrow shafts for practice fletching and for stuff like this. I made some measurements and cut a couple of old arrow just to make sure that the measuring tape was dead on. You have to make sure your measurement stays true while locking down the shaft positioning bracket. It likes to move when you tighten down on the butterfly bolt. After cutting the shafts you can use the spin testers to check for balance. I like to use the spin tester while gluing in inserts with broad heads. While the glue is drying, I spin the Shaft with the BH is on to make sure it is curing balanced. I already have another spin tester, So i'm not sure if I'll use the one on the arrow saw. The company is located on the East coast. So I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow to see if they will replace the damaged blade and send me another Allen bolt too at no cost. They say that you truly don't know how a company is until you have to deal with their Customer Service. I'll let you guys know what happens tomorrow. Knock on wood and fingers crossed. The box comes with a little red card staing to call them first for damaged product before sending it back to the store i bought it from. I bought it online through Eders.

Post Thanks / Like

Some good news. I just got off the phone with Lisa from Weston Products. I told here what happened. She was Polite and professional. They will be sending me new Blades and Allen bolt heads at no cost. It should arrive in a week. I will use the replacement blade for now and throw away the chipped blade. You never know after you buy a certain Archery products if the company will back up it product warranty. Being that I just received it yesterday, I just emailed my Warranty info straight to Lisa's email to get the ball rolling on the replacement. Thumbs up to Lisa at Weston products.

Post Thanks / Like

I just received the replacement Allen bolts and one saw blade from Weston products. No charge for the replacements or the shipping. Thumbs up to Weston for backing their product with quality customer service.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I just received the replacement Allen bolts and one saw blade from Weston products. No charge for the replacements or the shipping. Thumbs up to Weston for backing their product with quality customer service.
    It is still nice to hear that there is some places that have customer service left.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com