Thread: Blood vane?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blood vane?

I was over on the Outer limit website getting ready to order the Stretch D Loop pliers when I saw these vanes. Whatcha think?

http://www.outerlimitarchery.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Are those hard plastic like FOBs? Are they glued on or do they come off when they pass thru something?
    If they are hard and glued on they are going to stop the arrow when they contact hide.
    Dont think I will be trying them but I would love to have a pair of their loop pliers !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Are those hard plastic like FOBs? Are they glued on or do they come off when they pass thru something?
    If they are hard and glued on they are going to stop the arrow when they contact hide.
    Dont think I will be trying them but I would love to have a pair of their loop pliers !!!!!!
    I love my fobs but I don't mind checking out other Archery products. here's what they say on the website,

"Blood Vane Features:

• Just slide it on and glue.

• The Blood Vane contains three internal channels that run the full length of the vane. Glue travels the length of the vane through these channels, and creates an indestructible bond.

• One piece molded design allows for ultra consistency from vane to vane.

• The most durable vane “period”.

• 2 degree offset

• 2” long high profile design for ultimate stability

• Weight is just 31 grains

• Flexible construction

Now anyone can re-fletch their arrows with ease just remove old fletching, slide on the Blood Vane and glue.

There is not any vane more durable than the flexible one piece Blood Vane. Let’s just compare it with the old standard 3 piece style glue on fletching. With the standard 3 piece style fletching if any portion of the glue bond is broken at any part of just one of the vanes then all three fletching usually need to be replaced. Not the case with the Blood Vane, due to its one piece design it can still function properly when only one of the glue channels is installed.

Now let’s compare with a 4 piece heat shrink vane. You have the same problem with the 4 piece vane as with a 3 piece vane in that each of the 3 fletching is susceptible to individual failure. But in addition to that there is the inherent weakness of the heat shrink material itself, which is very evident in testing (see the Blood Vane video).

Unlike some other one piece fletching, the Blood Vane is always in perfect alignment with the arrows axis. This is because the Blood Vane fits over the arrow shaft and doesn’t install into the back of the arrow which causes inherent alignment issues due to tolerance variations in various manufactures arrows."

Install Video
    Last edited by Double S; 01-13-2012 at 12:10 PM.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Their pliers thumbs up, the vanes ? glued on might be a problem

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

This is the one I'm ordering.

The Stretch D Loop pliers. Check out the YT video.

Last edited by Double S; 01-13-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

YIKES! 31 grains???

i bought the pliers. didn't know they were made in china. finish on them is kinda rough. they work ok, but kinda clunky. i bought them thinking i could adjust the size of the d loop to match different nocks, e.g., pin nocks, g nocks, etc. doesn't work that way.