Thread: Still learning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Still learning

Hey guys, I'm still pretty new to archery and I am very interested in 3-d archery. I belong to the Izaak Walton league here in Maryland. Right now they are doing an indoor small 3-d course and when it warms up it will move outside to the large course. Before I show up I would like to have a little knowledge under my belt. I'm sure you guys can help. 1st- how is it played? 2nd- how is it scored? 3rd-What advice can you offer me? Finally, Will this benefit my skills for the upcoming hunting season or hurt it due to habits I may pick up?
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

Post Thanks / Like

Default a little help

Anyone? Please?
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

Post Thanks / Like

3-D is a great way to practice for hunting because it helps you hone in your distance judgement.
    Scoring is done the same way as shooting at a normal target face.
    12 points for the X, 10 for the next ring, 8 for the next etc. Or 10, 8, 5... Depending on how they mark them at the place your shooting.
    You get one shot per target.

Post Thanks / Like

i cant help with the rules of 3d shooting.i do shoot at a 4o target 3d course but i do it for fun and to keep up on hunting shots in the off season.when i shoot it is just me and a buddy or 2.i dont like a lot of people around me.

it really does help judge distance and keeps you in shape.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a blast! I can't wait.