Thread: BACK from St. Lucia

Post Thanks / Like

Default BACK from St. Lucia

For all those interested here's a short trip report of my latest scuba trip. Jan 7 thru Jan 14th in St Lucia. First the weather: daylight temps right at 83 degrees and night time being about 75 degrees-----Brrrrrr. Water temperature was also right at 82 with an occasional dive showing 84
    Diving itself wasn't great but this was a get-away trip. Diving after dark proved to be fantastic with lots of predators on the prowl such as moray eels, lobsters, and one elusive critter they call "The Thing", which I have yet to see. It's described as a centipede-like critter about 4' long that scoots to hide as soon as light rays hit.

The resort, Anse Chastanet, is pretty plush, being ranked as one of the top ten resorts in the world for romance and honeymooners at a cost of $20,000 per week per person. Huge plush rooms and service to match. 5 course meals all made to order and dinner is a 2 1/2 to 3 hour affair. Start at 7pm and finish around 10 to 10:30 pm. Mixed drinks are $12 each (good thing I don't crave alcohol).

Not much in the way of entertainment except the usual water sports; snorkeling, scuba, kayaks and just soaking up the sun on the beach. If I didn't dive I'd be bored to death. I did have some interesting mishaps on this trip. First my watch battery went dead (so wo needs a watch- we're on island time). Then a hearing aid went kaput (don't need it underwater anyway). It's been said bad things happen in threes. Thank goodness I don't have a pacemaker. To add to the fray my underwater video housing sprung a leak so no more photo/video. Oh well, it's not my last trip.

The worst part is the trip home, leaving 83 degrees and walking out Philadelphia airprt into 22 degrees five hours later. Lush green rain forest into the grey winter woods of home. Sometimes life sucks, but home is still home. Maybe it's time to start planning the next trip to the tropics before cabin fever sets in too quickly.

For anybody interested try www.ansechastanet.com
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Well, at least you're back safe and sound. Just so you know, 75 degrees is NOT cold. LOL
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a nice trip...but at 40,000 for a couple im out.a new truck sounds better.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    sounds like a nice trip...but at 40,000 for a couple im out.a new truck sounds better.lol
    X2, sounds like overall you had a good time. Just what was needed
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We have all been really good, so did ya bring us back any presents.

Glad you had a good time.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you still have fun even though you had battery issues. Welcome back.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Barry. Glad to hear you had a good time despite the few problems.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.