Thread: Thinking of purchasing a martin compound, which one?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thinking of purchasing a martin compound, which one?

Just picked up a 2012 Martin catalog from a archery shop, and found a few bows in the catalog that I really liked. The Prowler Pro looks good its weight is 3.3 lbs and axle length is 30" also the exile's are also of interest, both around 3.3 lbs and lengths are around 30" Any information from actual user's from these bows, would be appreciated. thx

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. It might be tough to find many that have shot the 2012's as they are just getting out now. If you have a dealer nearby, ask them to call you when they come in and go try them out. Keep an open mind and go with the one that feels right. What's your archery background?
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Default rezhunters background

Quote Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
    Welcome to the forum. It might be tough to find many that have shot the 2012's as they are just getting out now. If you have a dealer nearby, ask them to call you when they come in and go try them out. Keep an open mind and go with the one that feels right. What's your archery background?
    Ive been hunting for over 14 years now, majority of that with a bow. Started with a traditional long bow for years and the last 5 or 6 years with a compound, I cant afford a expensive bow, ive been hitting the used bow aisles of sporting good stores, had a golden eagle 32 for awhile, now i have a reflex rampage, they were o.k i guess they were just to heavy, i saved up some $ for a newer bow, but what im looking for is something reasonable,light,compact. In that order, I'll take your advice and go to the nearest dealer and try them out. thx

2007 reflex rampage- 28.5"DL, 55# DW, beman arrows with nockturnal lights, Q.A.D rest, truglo 5 pen sight, g5 cs broadheads.
    Last edited by rezhunter74; 01-15-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

chances are you probably can't go wrong with any of the 2012 bows. With all rod and slide set ups, there should be very little to be concerned about performance wise. And I'm sure the Fury XT cams are super easy to tune.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hope you hunt for a bow go's well. I've been in archery for over thirty years and have shot and own a lot of the main stream bow from leading manufactures. I myself am turned off with some of the higher priced bows on the market today. I don't think you can't go wrong with any of the new Martins for 2012. I've owned a 2009 Pantera and a 2011 Fire Cat 400 W/out the TRG system, and waiting on the new Cougar FC Fury Cam. The new Cougar FC is $499 with the fury Cam (single cam) and it has a lot of the Fire Cat 400 characteristics but with a single Cam. The Fire Cat 400 is one of, if not the best hunting bow that I've ever shot when it comes to accuracy out to 80 yards, draw and is very forgiving for a bow that shoots out to over 300fps. I now that you can pick up some of the 2011 models at a discount price from some dealers. I would shoot as may bows brands as possible as to not every bow will match the shooter. I've always believed that the bow needs to match the shooters style (3D, hunting and or recreation shooters) for the best fit. Hope this helps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

you know ive never heard a word on hear about the 2012 crossfire but it is either 3.3 or 3.2 lbs and it 29.5" ata. its the shortest compound martin makes i think. it also has dual 2.0 cams. it looks like a great treestand power bow. their website claims only 320-330 fps but it must be a misprint with them dual cams you cannot tell me that a single cam exile shoots the same. I have an 11 exile and its 3.4 lbs at 30.5" ata. It shoots good but it would be nicer to have a faster bow. and i know the crossfire has to be faster. I want to hold on to my exile at least 3 years, so i hope in a couple years the crossfire is still around and that it is still one of their shorter dual cam bows