Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about TRG/SOS conversion

Post Thanks / Like

You're right, the specs in the 2011 store for the Onza are wrong; but if you got to 2011 spec chart off the main site, the only difference between 2011 and 2012 is that the 2012 seems to be able to go shorter on the draw. I can tell you from experience that the '11 will not go shorter than a 26.5" true draw (apex of string to inside of riser).
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    You're right, the specs in the 2011 store for the Onza are wrong; but if you got to 2011 spec chart off the main site, the only difference between 2011 and 2012 is that the 2012 seems to be able to go shorter on the draw. I can tell you from experience that the '11 will not go shorter than a 26.5" true draw (apex of string to inside of riser).
    Well, that would mean 28.25" AMO.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I too will be converting over to the rod and slide and STS from the TRG/SOS. I have a 2011 Martin Silencer. Can someone assist me and let me know what measurements I need for a set of cables and strings so I can maintain my draw weight and proper ATA height and BH. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

hey Kyle, unless your existing cables/string are damaged, you shouldn't need to change them. Measure your ATA, brace and draw weight before you do the change. Afterwards you'll probably see that the ATA will go up slightly, BH will go down as well as the draw weight. It'll take some trial and error to get back to "normal", but if you just start by adding a 1/2" twist to both the cables and checking your specs, wash and repeat... you may have to put more of a twist into one cable than the other to get the cams timed but overall it's a pretty easy change.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Post Thanks / Like

Isuggest everyone who wants to changeout your trg/sos to Contact Martin, Joel has always tried his best to do right by me. It is not a hard swap, but if you are not comfortable doing it let your local pro-shop handle it. Parts should be free so maybe you will have to cough up an hour of labor. If you have the slightest clue what you are doing it's about a 15 min job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Well, that would mean 28.25" AMO.
    you are correct Fisher, if you look at my sig, you'll see that 28.25" is my draw length. I have my Onza on it's shortest setting, and to do that draw length I had to (slightly) short string it.