Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exile vs. Exile Pro...what's the difference?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Exile vs. Exile Pro...what's the difference?

What are the main differences between the two? On one pricing list that I saw, the Exile was more expensive than the Exile Pro, this seems counter-intuitive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeBomber View Post
    What are the main differences between the two? On one pricing list that I saw, the Exile was more expensive than the Exile Pro, this seems counter-intuitive.
    Two different risers. The Exile has a few more cut outs in the riser and a rear STS hole which makes it more expensive than the Pro.

A.S

EDIT: I got the info wrong. The Exile Pro accepts the STS, not the Exile. However, according to the pictures the Exile does indeed require more machining, which makes it more expensive.
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 01-22-2012 at 04:53 AM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Two different risers. The Exile has a few more cut outs in the riser and a rear STS hole which makes it more expensive than the Pro.

A.S
    Martin's own catalog contradicts this, but their catalogs have had errors in the past. The description of the Exile Pro indicates it accepts the Martin STS, but there is no mention of that for the Exile. In addition, the Prowler seems to be priced between the Exile and Exile pro and actually includes the STS, not just the hole. Martin even describes the Prowler as "the more advanced big brother to the Exile", yet is less expensive than the Exile. Something doesn't add up. I'm not sure why Martin has three of their 7 gold series bows locked up in 30" ata/7" BH single cam models, but the Prowler seems like the best value.

That said, the new Bengal looks like a killer deal at $449.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C Bailey View Post
    Martin's own catalog contradicts this, but their catalogs have had errors in the past. The description of the Exile Pro indicates it accepts the Martin STS, but there is no mention of that for the Exile. In addition, the Prowler seems to be priced between the Exile and Exile pro and actually includes the STS, not just the hole. Martin even describes the Prowler as "the more advanced big brother to the Exile", yet is less expensive than the Exile. Something doesn't add up. I'm not sure why Martin has three of their 7 gold series bows locked up in 30" ata/7" BH single cam models, but the Prowler seems like the best value.

That said, the new Bengal looks like a killer deal at $449.
    You're correct. I got the two mixed up. The Prowler Pro also seems to require less machining, which could be why it is less expensive.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

To add one more thing, the Exile looks identical to last year's model except for the cams and it seems like the price went up by about 20%. Is that right? The online Martin catalog has the 2011 at $360. Is that the standard 2011 price, or a discount on old bows?

Also, did Martin really completely drop the Leopard? What does Martin offer in 2012 for youth or small adults with DL shorter than the Prowler's 24 inches, besides the Tiger of course? The way the Fury XT cam is built, it seems like a no brainer to design a smaller version that adds the XT's wide poundage range to the short draw length of the outgoing Accutrak 1.5 cam.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeBomber View Post
    if you read the specs on martins website there are two technical differences, i know the pro is 30" ata while the exile 30 1/4" ata, i forgot what the other diff is but i remember looking into this on their site once

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

the crossfire seems to be the best deal to me for 2012, i dont know what its price is, but its dual nitro cammed and its 30"ata which is perfect for treestands. plus you can get it with camo cams. a lot of power in a small package. i believe their site is wrong becuase it only claims 330 fps on the crossfire, yet it has dual nitro cams??? seems like it should be in the 340 range

Post Thanks / Like

With that short of an ATA, I'd imagine that the 330 fps is right.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    With that short of an ATA, I'd imagine that the 330 fps is right.
    Note that the speed that they quote for the Crossfire is at it's max of 29" DL, rather than the standard 30". So, at the same DL (i.e., 28") the speed difference won't be as much as the difference between the numbers in the product descriptions.

What I would like to see is a real world comparison of the 2012 versions of the bows that are available with the two different cams (Cougars, Silencers, Crossfire/Prowler). Side by side with same DW, DL, arrow spec (65lb, 28.5", 390 grain arrow would be nice ). THe reviews I have been reading indicates the Fury is a little more aggressive than the previous single cam systems, while the Nitro is less aggressive than previous CAT cams. This suggests that the performance difference between the two cam systems is less than in the past. Is it worth the extra $100? That is a big bump for a $400 to $500 bow.