Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turkey shot placement!

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Turkey shot placement!

Nice video thought I would pass it down.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,That's a good video.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot Hutch, my wife hates turkeys & want's to stick one or several in the worst way. I emailed her the link to study up on. She pulled out her bow & said lets go to town & want Marvin (our set up guy) to check it over. Wanting to get her shooting again & reinterested in archery, we head to Reno.

A little back story on her & her bow. She has a Diamond Razor Edge 30-60lb and is @37lbs now. Last year she pinched a neck muscle & it interfeared with shooting. I got her a custom Oneida Hawk for the easier draw & more let off and she, like me, didn't like the noise from the lever bow. She started shoting the Diamond again with no pain. She has herself convinced the Diamond is a "kids" bow because it's so short. I've been trying to get her into a longer risered bow with more ATA too. These are the specs : Brace Height 7 inches, Draw Length 19-29 inches, Draw Weight 30-60#, Axle to Axle - 31, Adjustable Let Off 75%, Weight 3.3 Pounds. This is also a twin cam bow.

I have been trying to point her to the Ridge Hunter 35-50lb for the features of the bow and room for growth. She's not crazy about the looks of it & as most of you know if we like the tools we use they perform better, no matter what it is. Well, after looking at a few, the Bear Anarchy $899. and the Hoyt Carbon Element $1249. are the front runners. Was told the Bear will go 38-50lbs, it's very light 3.8lbs, way longer riser, 35.25 ATA, and 80% let off. Her favorite, the Element has more limb options 30-40, 40-50, 50-60, 55-65, 60-70, 70-80, 32 inch ATA, 6 3/4" brace height, 80% let off, a longer riser, and 3.6 pounds. So, now I'm looking at trying to find a used Carbon Element for under $800. She is also left handed.
    Again, thanks for the video Hutch Just doggin ya man. I'll get her a new one if I have to to keep her interested but I sure wished the Ridge Hunter appealed to her like it does to me.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to shoot a turkey with my bow. Turks and hogs are on the list of things to hunt.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    Thanks alot Hutch, my wife hates turkeys & want's to stick one or several in the worst way. I emailed her the link to study up on. She pulled out her bow & said lets go to town & want Marvin (our set up guy) to check it over. Wanting to get her shooting again & reinterested in archery, we head to Reno.

A little back story on her & her bow. She has a Diamond Razor Edge 30-60lb and is @37lbs now. Last year she pinched a neck muscle & it interfeared with shooting. I got her a custom Oneida Hawk for the easier draw & more let off and she, like me, didn't like the noise from the lever bow. She started shoting the Diamond again with no pain. She has herself convinced the Diamond is a "kids" bow because it's so short. I've been trying to get her into a longer risered bow with more ATA too. These are the specs : Brace Height 7 inches, Draw Length 19-29 inches, Draw Weight 30-60#, Axle to Axle - 31, Adjustable Let Off 75%, Weight 3.3 Pounds. This is also a twin cam bow.

I have been trying to point her to the Ridge Hunter 35-50lb for the features of the bow and room for growth. She's not crazy about the looks of it & as most of you know if we like the tools we use they perform better, no matter what it is. Well, after looking at a few, the Bear Anarchy $899. and the Hoyt Carbon Element $1249. are the front runners. Was told the Bear will go 38-50lbs, it's very light 3.8lbs, way longer riser, 35.25 ATA, and 80% let off. Her favorite, the Element has more limb options 30-40, 40-50, 50-60, 55-65, 60-70, 70-80, 32 inch ATA, 6 3/4" brace height, 80% let off, a longer riser, and 3.6 pounds. So, now I'm looking at trying to find a used Carbon Element for under $800. She is also left handed.
    Again, thanks for the video Hutch Just doggin ya man. I'll get her a new one if I have to to keep her interested but I sure wished the Ridge Hunter appealed to her like it does to me.
    the new bengal is a 35-70 lb bow,and its not a bad looking bow for 449.00

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    the new bengal is a 35-70 lb bow,and its not a bad looking bow for 449.00
    Ya digger, but you know women
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post

Nice video thought I would pass it down.

Hutch
    where is this video, i see no link

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the better shot placement videos I have ever seen.

Thanks for the share!

later,

CS

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

that is one of the best ive seen. its got me stoked for this year