Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Read this

Post Thanks / Like

Default Read this

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...ghlight=martin
    "I noticed it comes in waves ...
    Mathews was nearly burned at stake when they came out with gridlock design
    Bowtech moved production to Mars to get away from customers - due to shallow cams, flex guard , overbinary and limbs
    Hoyt received railcar donation of lube for drypockethisis and duct tape for splinters
    PSE broke sound barrier many times over
    Ht arrows were the greatest sticks on earth , until every staffer got a finger from company....

....and so on and on.

This is Archery Talk ... Sewing circle , Gossip channel for men. If You take any of these opinions to heart , please click ALT+F4 to cure this problem."

It's too bad that people have to ruin forums by bashing someone because they like a different brand. I think this AT member has a good point.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I spend my share of time on AT and have learned to just not read all those posts. In fact I rarely read anything pertaining to any bow brands other than Martin. Not that I'm a Martin fan boy. Just that there are so many people that buy many of the high priced bows and know little or nothing about archery at all. Example: Quote-- "I just paid $1300 for ***** bow. How do I move my peep sight 1/8?" I don't have time for this kind of ignorance and if I stated such I'd get banned for being honest. Same goes for bashing. I refuse to get involved.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I spend my share of time on AT and have learned to just not read all those posts. In fact I rarely read anything pertaining to any bow brands other than Martin. Not that I'm a Martin fan boy. Just that there are so many people that buy many of the high priced bows and know little or nothing about archery at all. Example: Quote-- "I just paid $1300 for ***** bow. How do I move my peep sight 1/8?" I don't have time for this kind of ignorance and if I stated such I'd get banned for being honest. Same goes for bashing. I refuse to get involved.
    Exactly. I don't get involved in threads like that anymore either. It is just is a waste of time.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have no choice...I have to read them whether I like it or not. At the height of my hunting forum Addiction which was 14-15 forums. Every forum will have this type of stuff. I got burned out from too many forums and deleted most of them except for here and AT, facebook and Youtube. AT is numero Uno at last count. I forgot who does the tallying. If people look for negative thread, all they will find is the negative threads. I just grow thicker skin. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Those drive me bonkers too. In my opinion if you don't know how to do simple things with your own bow, you shouldn't own one. If you need a pro shop to do everything for you ... please.

The bash this bash that threads that pop up all over the place are pretty old and it is sad to see when some people are generally trying to get an answer out of a real question, like myself early last year, you get all the trolls in the world throwing out garbage you didn't ask for. Not a direct example, but something you would see all the time is something like this:

Q: I'm interesting in shooting X Fixed blade vs Y Fixed blade, which do you think is going to best work with ... ?
    A: Rage

==

Q: Do you think NAP Spitfire or Grimreapers are the way to go for expandables and my set up?
    A: Slick Tricks
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I was on AT for a few months when I first started coming to bow forums. After a few weeks, I realised that virtually noone was there to help, just endorse or bash companies and products. I check in occasionally to make sure I don't have any mail, or to look over the classifieds, and that's it. The funniest thing to me is, of all the bow brands out there, there's always a disproportionate amount of the BIG 3 up for sale. If there so good, why is everyone selling theirs? lol
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 01-22-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Word choice
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    I was on AT for a few months when I first started coming to bow forums. After a few weeks, I realised that virtually noone was there to help, just endorse or bash companies and products. I check in occasionally to make sure I don't have any mail, or to look over the classifieds, and that's it. The funniest thing to me is, of all the bow brands out there, there's always a disproportionate amount of the BIG 3 up for sale. If there so good, why is everyone selling theirs? lol
    On the other hand, why do you have so many Martins? You might give somebody else a chance to buy some. LOL.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Well Barry, I gave up drinking, gambling, and womanizing, so I have to have one vise at least. lol I just never realised the bow addiction was going to be more expensive. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a frequent AT visitor, but 99% of my time is spent in the Finger Forum, or in the Classifieds, which is where I got both of my Shadowcats.

I got burned by the fanboys, when I got a reprimand and told I was not allowed to post anything regarding Oneida bows, 'as there were too many Monster Bow owners bashing a certain dealer'. At the time, I owned two Oneida's and didn't own a Monster! Go figure.

Those fan boy fights make me laugh; I can understand brand loyalty, but when all is said and done they are paying customers, not members of staff, so why those boys get so heated is beyond me. Pride I guess, and we all know where that one leads.

I also love the 'that's my next bow' posts, after they have seen one preview photo, or a picture of the bow at ATA. Three months later, the bow is in the classifieds, along with four of the other five bows the guy just bought.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda puzzled. People talk about fanboys as though it's something bad. I'm a Martin fanboy. I have a Bengal and I'm more than pleased with it! It's been a great bow and I've experienced great customer service. That made me a fan! Since then, my wife, nephew and good friend have all gotten Martins. We're all Martin fanboys! Martin earned our respect and loyalty. Being a fan doesn't mean you trash everybody else, it means you promote that which you believe in. I know where you guys are going with the "fanboy" thing, but sometimes a jerk is just a jerk.