Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Read this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skbengal View Post
    I'm kinda puzzled. People talk about fanboys as though it's something bad. I'm a Martin fanboy. I have a Bengal and I'm more than pleased with it! It's been a great bow and I've experienced great customer service. That made me a fan! Since then, my wife, nephew and good friend have all gotten Martins. We're all Martin fanboys! Martin earned our respect and loyalty. Being a fan doesn't mean you trash everybody else, it means you promote that which you believe in. I know where you guys are going with the "fanboy" thing, but sometimes a jerk is just a jerk.
    Understood. Good point.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skbengal View Post
    I'm kinda puzzled. People talk about fanboys as though it's something bad. I'm a Martin fanboy. I have a Bengal and I'm more than pleased with it! It's been a great bow and I've experienced great customer service. That made me a fan! Since then, my wife, nephew and good friend have all gotten Martins. We're all Martin fanboys! Martin earned our respect and loyalty. Being a fan doesn't mean you trash everybody else, it means you promote that which you believe in. I know where you guys are going with the "fanboy" thing, but sometimes a jerk is just a jerk.
    IMO that is the difference, a FAN is a good thing, they like what they have, they'll promote it to others as an option, but not the only option. A fanboy has no respect or regard for other brands or people shooting other brands. They follow blindly like lemmings. If that brand is paying them (and well) to shoot their product then I will cut them a little slack, but not complete, unless they acknowledge that there are other viable options out there. In very few instances is there only one viable option.

If you look in my driveway, garage, gun cabinet, tool box or elsewhere you will see that I'm anything but brand loyal. I buy what I like or at times what I can afford.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

In my area it's mostly rifle hunters. So when I'm out with my bow and some guys pass bye stop to say hello specially when it's early September bow season 90 plus degree's. They give me respect. When i see another bow hunter, I'm the same way. I don't even look at the bow brand. I just like seeing a bow. Some of the rifle hunters that I know sometimes mock me but I know they just kid. When they see me dragging a deer out. They automatically stop to help me.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GEE. Thanks,Brad!

I avoided opening that thread...ON PURPOSE! LOL

I avoid getting into stupid arguments and discussions. I try to help with whatever I can and I give my honest,unbiased opinions about things. I give my reasons for shooting/liking a particular brand as well as my reasons for not shooting others. E.G. Mathews grips suck,they're top heavy and awkward to shoot and the G-lock riser looks ridiculous. Hoyt's grip are very comfortable and accurate for me,but the valley,actually the lack of,isn't conducive to long sits in cold weather.

What I really don't understand is why these guys refuse to shoot a certain bow because of the men behind them(Kevin Strothers,Andy Ross). These two guys know how to build some great shooting bows. Who gives a rats a.. about their personal/business issues/decisions. It doesn't change the fact that their bows flat out shoot and are some of the best performing bows on the market. By far much better shooters than even Hoyt and Mathews. But they're ignored by the masses because of thing that have no effect on the guys shooting/buying the bows. I personally don't comprehend the mentality behind that. And I also see no reason to defend my brand choice. I don't know anyone from these forums and probably won't ever meet any of them. Their opinions don't mean jack to me. I shoot what I like.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

i just have to go over there once in a while and get my daily laugh ! i don't like to get into there childish bickering over who has the best bow. we all here know what the best bows are , or we wouldn't be shooting them, i was reading a conversasion about elite bows the other day no dought they are good bows! i just couldn't resist jumping in and saying, someone must have heard something bad about the bow or the company, have you seen how many elites are for sale in the classifieds? then i clicked out & went to the classifieds.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,