Thread: Sunday shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday shoot.

Sue and I joined some good friends at a local shoot Sunday. Had a great time. I shot a 331 for first in my class and Sue shot a 145 in her class for 2nd.
    This was sue's first time shooting Bowhunter freestyle. She finally had more hits than misses at a shoot.
    She said she likes sights better than no sights....LOL
    The pic. of Sue is of a 65 yard shot, right in the 10 spot, she outshot all us guys.
    Don.
    Picture 001.jpgPicture 002.jpgPicture 003.jpg
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like a lot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

It's wet'n'windy here at present, so very little archery and no competitions yet; looks like you all had a good day.

Hat's off to Sue, I shot the same target at the same distance this year at a shoot over in Wales, didn't manage to hit the spot though.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

As it stands now, Sue and I have a 3-D someplace every Sunday. All within 1-1/2 hour drive from home.
    Here is our shoot calendar.....http://www.cbhsaa.net/index_files/Ongoing.html
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Our season starts to get going late Feb early March; up until then it is just too wet, cold or icy depending where you are.

After that, things really get busy and I could pretty much be at a shoot every weekend, plus the Scottish Champs in April, the National 3D Champs in June and then the National Champs in Sept.

Roll on March

Post Thanks / Like

I envy you two.!
    There are no in town shoots here of any kind or even a shop that has an indoor range.
    The Division of Wildlife has a pretty decent block target range, just outside of town, that you can go shoot at any time, no fee's, - but
    there are never any real shoots there.
    The nearest 3-d shoots are 45min away (if you haul ***) but they only have maybe a 1/2 dozen per year. (Great ranges tho.!)
    The next nearest places are 2 1/2 hrs each way.
    It is a bummer.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the competitions I go to are 1 to 2 hours drive, but as I travel as part of my job (I'm in sales), they all feel like local shoots to me.

We don't have shops that organise shoots over here. Instead we have a large number of clubs who are all affiliated to NFAS, and so all the comps are shot to the same rules and scoring system. Each is a stand alone competition, but you need to have taken part in a qualifying number of shoots before you can enter the 3D or Nat Champs; those are the only two shoots directly organised by NFAS (National Field Archery Assoc).

The Scottish Champs are about a 6 hour drive away, the 3D Champs are in Derbyshire this year, which is 3 hours away, not sure where the Nats are yet, the venue has not been announced, but as they are all 2 days shoots, I find a local hotel and stay over.