Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This looks a little familiar... don't you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Default This looks a little familiar... don't you think?

technology_super_glide.jpg

Super Glide Cable Slide

The SUPER-GLIDE cable slide takes a simplistic approach to managing and controlling cables when compared to conventional rollers and out dated cable slides. It's design is focused around reducing the friction that is often found in rollers and slides. The Super-Glide has no moving parts leading to increased reliability and minimized failure in the field. Simplicity at its finest.

From Strothers Archery....
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

ya know i might have seen somthing like that once...hmmmmmmmmm.lol

i wonder how its going to work out.they look to be one and the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting, I noticed they used a standard rod so all you have to do is lose the gizmo.

Post Thanks / Like

Humm, I'm scheptical. Rollers are used in all manner of pulley & counter weight systems as far back as Egyptian times. I cannot see how they will create more drag/friction over any slider system. A rolling wheel, provided it is rolling will always be smoother & create less friction.
    Testing testing

Post Thanks / Like

Well, here's my take on it folks.

I was recently employed at an archery shop in Central WI, (Overdrawn Archery). Unfortuneately we dont carry Martin, and I will get to that in a bit. However, we do carry Strothers, which by the way is gaining tons of popularity...Anyhoo, the cable slide contraption you folks are seeing. Bottom line, it works, and it works well. I was skeptical when I seen it at first too, as i thought, "dang, this new company doesnt need any problems"...I was wrong. The problem with Martin's was that their idea was good, but poorly positioned. Strothers has theirs so there is very minimal clearance at rest. The Strothers Rep in our area frequents our shop (maybe 3-4 times a week) and shoots his bow and what not. He has hundreds, probably close to a thousand shots on his bow. No visible wear or fraying. He's waxed his string twice since he got his bow.

Jake

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the TRG would be a great thing when I first heard about it. Once I starting hearing what people were saying I looked at a few of them in some of the box stores near me and thought the angle in which the cables come into it was too sharp and that the material probably wasn't the best choice. I can see how something like this that Strother has put out could be successful. I'd like to wait a while and see what they say about them and wonder if they will make it available as a purchasable accessory.

For right now, I got nothing bad to say about my Saunders slide.

Just found this

Last edited by droppixel; 01-27-2012 at 04:08 AM.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Well obviously I don't wish any bow company ill will, I just thought it was interesting that another company would issue something similar to the TRG so soon after its quick demise.

I also thought the TRG was a good idea, just poorly implemented; I felt that it was too short (causing the cables to rub at the ends of it's channels) and it was too far out of line; it really only needed minimal arrow clearance and lacked adjust-ability.

Bottom line, I wish Strothers the best of luck, and hopefully they don't have the issues that we had.
    Last edited by wscywabbit; 01-27-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Might have a feeling we haven't seen the last of the TRG yet ... I'd like to think Martin has taken notice to what everyone has said when it comes to function, design, materials and give it another go. I'm sure they have some good product engineers that can figure this thing out.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Im sure they have a few things in the makings. Its funny how to see some companies have plans for products for 1 year ahead, 3 years, 5 years, and a 10 year plan...I guaruntee some company has come up with something radical in the overall bow design as well...R&D is just fine tuning it to make it SAFE to the Consumer.

Post Thanks / Like

I shot the new Strothers SX Rush with the 'Super Slide' on it yesterday.
    Really nice bow.!
    The cables do not have much pressure on them going thru the slide so this might work quite well for them.
    The bow was brand new (I was the first one to shoot it) so there obviously wasn't any sign of cable wear after just 10-12 shots.