Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This looks a little familiar... don't you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    For you guys that like the idea of the TRG and/or maybe want to experiment - Strothers will have their 'super slide' available as an accessory.
    It will fit on any normal rod so if you want to try it - just purchase one and use it to replace your slide.
    Interesting ... I'll let others do that before I take the plunge.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

by watching the video it does look like it may be less torture on the calbes then the martin one...was wondering if there wasnt a way to protect the cable from wear...like heavy duty serving thread or teflon tubeing

Post Thanks / Like

Serving the cables thru the slide area is not a good idea. It may protect the strings but will act as an abrasive on the slide and wear it down.
    A coating will help on the wear but needs to be on the slide, not on the cables, and the slide is already made out of a teflon or similar material.
    The real issue is the amount of pressure that the cables put on the slide.
    The cables have to be pulled to the side to allow clearence for the arrow and fletching - but if this is kept to a bare minimum - there is less
    friction at the slide and therefore less wear at that point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Serving the cables thru the slide area is not a good idea. It may protect the strings but will act as an abrasive on the slide and wear it down.
    A coating will help on the wear but needs to be on the slide, not on the cables, and the slide is already made out of a teflon or similar material.
    The real issue is the amount of pressure that the cables put on the slide.
    The cables have to be pulled to the side to allow clearence for the arrow and fletching - but if this is kept to a bare minimum - there is less
    friction at the slide and therefore less wear at that point.
    I have to agree with you onthis one, Spiker. The one thing I didn't like about Martin's TRG was that it was, IMO, offset too far to begin with. My eyeballs told me that the cables did track ccloser to center as the bow was drawn, but would stop at about the same offset as with a regular rod/slide. Therefore no advantage whatsoever. To be really effective the cables should track as close to bow center as possible without blocking the shooters view of the sight.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver