Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fletching galore!

Post Thanks / Like

I just fletched these up yesterday. They are 4 inch Elite Plastifletch from AAE Cavalier USA. They are flying great so far. I might use them with my Scepter.

Post Thanks / Like

I did some today with some Gator vanes.

Post Thanks / Like

Gator Feathers are all I shoot. I haven't found anything taht flys any better so why change?
    Looking good Simon,
    I have never shot the 4" Gators, let me know how they fly.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    Gator Feathers are all I shoot. I haven't found anything taht flys any better so why change?
    Looking good Simon,
    I have never shot the 4" Gators, let me know how they fly.
    Don.
    Will do Don. it's been raining almost non stop with 20-30 mph winds. Not the best for testing out fletching. I'm hoping the weather gets a tad better.

Post Thanks / Like

I had been using vanes because that just happen to be on the arrows that I was buying. When I went to the bow shop to get feathers I ran into problems. They did not have left vane feathers. The fletching jig that came with my bow is left vane. So now I make my own fletchings from the turkeys that I have shot and it is working great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaverd View Post
    I had been using vanes because that just happen to be on the arrows that I was buying. When I went to the bow shop to get feathers I ran into problems. They did not have left vane feathers. The fletching jig that came with my bow is left vane. So now I make my own fletchings from the turkeys that I have shot and it is working great.
    What kind of jig do you have? Is it possible to get a RH clamp for it? If so then you can do like I do and just buy whatever I find on sale----RH or LH. Last batch of feathers I bought were really cheap. Nobody likes black so I got a 100 pack of black 4" Trueflights for a whopping $2.00.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    What kind of jig do you have? Is it possible to get a RH clamp for it? If so then you can do like I do and just buy whatever I find on sale----RH or LH. Last batch of feathers I bought were really cheap. Nobody likes black so I got a 100 pack of black 4" Trueflights for a whopping $2.00.
    I have a Martin #J-8 fletching jig and yes I can get different clamps for it, I just havn't bothered. That is a good idea though and a cheaper price always sounds good to me. I was suprised at how expensive some fletchings are.

Post Thanks / Like

have any of you guys tried them blood vanes?? im curious about them thhere like quick fletch but you dont need any boiling water all u need is good glue and about 10 seconds of your time. Id like to hear about them if they hold up or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Just did some Gold Tip Velocity this weekend with Kiwi/White Blazers. I'll get some pictures up tonight. Did 2 Kiwi/1 White for Target/3D arrows and 2 White/1 Kiwi for my hunting sticks.

Last edited by droppixel; 04-09-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane