Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Onza 3 Shooters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Onza 3 Shooters

What rest are you using? I have this question out there and have been talking to a few guys selectively, just curious on this. I'm really considering making this the purchase if/when I just do it or talk the wife into it when I get my payout.

I'm more interested in drop-away than anything else. I currently shoot an Apache and have talked to a few guys that are running a Trophy Taker with their containment cage modified. Not sure if the Apache would be similar of if the adjustment knobs would create some problems. Trying to get all my options out there, so I have an idea of what I might need to be looking for.

Thanks guys.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Limb Drivers on my Onza and Alien X, when/if I get a new bow this year......it'll get an LD also. If you feel that you need full containment, try the Pro V Limb Driver.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    Limb Drivers on my Onza and Alien X, when/if I get a new bow this year......it'll get an LD also. If you feel that you need full containment, try the Pro V Limb Driver.
    I'm thinking I'll probably lean more toward containment than not but won't rule anything out I suppose. I don't know a whole lot about all the rests out there, some of the G5 look like they could be nice, seen a few limb-driven and I know Trophy Taker has a limb-driven option as well. The ProV is a look funky lookin' to me, though I sure it performs very well.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont quite understand how a rest is considered to be a 'full containment' rest when it just has a cage around it that lets the arrow bang around
    inside it.

To me this is the best rest setup out there and truly is 'full containment' :
    Attachment 5524

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using a WB right now, but am considering the Trophy Ridge Revolution, but after the problems I had with clearance on the Apache, I'm hesitant... has anyone tried one of these on the Onza?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

im going way off topic.

spiker,i see shiny bikes in the backround......how bout some pics

Post Thanks / Like

Ripcord Red, have 2 of them on bows and they seem to work really well and are easy to setup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    I dont quite understand how a rest is considered to be a 'full containment' rest when it just has a cage around it that lets the arrow bang around
    inside it.
    I've considered this as a fair argument for a while, so in this situation, it probably would be best to not rule it out. The arrow holder with some of these are tight enough I'm sure to keep it in place and I don't or won't be doing much stalking with the bow so it might not be as necessary. Just thinking of what I am the most used to thus far. I have one of the sims holders/guides on mine right now with my Apache. Just basically keeps the arrow inline if I were to rotate, it would fall out for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Trophy Taker on my Onza 3. Tried mountin an Apache but the cage hit the riser.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    I'm using a WB right now, but am considering the Trophy Ridge Revolution, but after the problems I had with clearance on the Apache, I'm hesitant... has anyone tried one of these on the Onza?
    Figured I'd cut some corners and take a crack at contacting Trophy Ridge, this is what I got.