Thread: Fury XT Cam on all Martin bows?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fury XT Cam on all Martin bows?

I see where the Fury Cam is offered on many of the 2012 bows. I am guessing that they all have the same adjustabiltiy that's advertized for the Bengel, correct me if I am wrong. Also wonder when the 2012 online store will be up and running as I NEED a new bow, er want a new bow.

Post Thanks / Like

The draw length range will depend on the bow.
    Bengal is 24"-30"
    Cougar is 25"-31"
    Pantera is 25"-31.25"
    Silencer is 25"-31" with the FXT's
    Both the Exiles are 24.5"-30.75"

Depends on the geometry of the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Spiker; the draw lenght is 29" what I want to know is the way the poundage can be adjusted from 70-35 is that true for all the bows with the fury cam?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - there is 3 pegs on the cam. One is full draw weight for whatever limbs you have (70, 60, 50)
    If you move the string to peg -10 it drops the weight 10lbs. Peg -20 drops it 20lbs.
    Plus you can back out the limb bolts to drop it another 15lbs.
    So - 70lb bow set on peg -20 plus 5 turns out on the limbs = 35lbs.
    It is built into the cams so it works the same on all models.

Post Thanks / Like

As you move to the other pegs the draw range moves down. E.G. you can't get a 30" DL at -20 peg. At least that is how I understand it.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    As you move to the other pegs the draw range moves down. E.G. you can't get a 30" DL at -20 peg. At least that is how I understand it.
    You're probably right about this. That's the way it used to be with the older bows that didn't have modules. Move from slot A to slot B and the draw weight & draw length changed simultaneously. Without having seen the Fury X cam up close I'm guessing by moving to the -10 peg the draw length will max 1" shorter and 2" shorter for the -20 peg. Makes sense to me.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Depending if the draw length you need is at the extreme ends this cam may or may not work for you. Here is what ArcherX7 wrote about the Pantera with Fury XT cam. It looks like he lost a 1/2" on the -10 post and 2" on the -20 post.

With the cable set on the standard post and the mod set on the #1 position and the draw stop adjusted, the peak weight was 72.1# while the draw length came in at 27". I then moved the mod to the #5 position and adjusted the stop and ended up with a peak DW of 72.5 and DL of 31.5". I then moved the cable to the -10 post and got a peak DW of 60# and DL of 31", then moved the mod back to the #1 position and got a DL of 26.5" while the DW stayed the same at 60#
    For the last part of this test I moved the cable to the -20 post and got a 25" DL and 49# peak DW with the mod in the #1 position, I then moved the mod to the #5 position and adjusted the stop and got a DL of 29.5" and a peak DW of 49.5#. Lots of adjustability with this cam.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Oh drat, I wanted to by a 70#er and set it on the 50# peg but it sounds like I'll lose too much draw lenght to make it work. Martin should post a better spec sheet to afirm the draw lenght changes that will happen when changing pegs.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember who posted it in another thread, but they said that the draw length seems to change about 1/2" per draw weight peg, so you could actually lose up to an inch of draw length...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    I can't remember who posted it in another thread, but they said that the draw length seems to change about 1/2" per draw weight peg, so you could actually lose up to an inch of draw length...
    Wabbit, check out post 7 above.
    Firecat 400