Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grips for my exile

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default grips for my exile

so i remember hearing about the issue with the saddleback grips coming off of peoples 2011 bows, well mine came off my exile a while back so i bought a limbsaver tentacle grip for it. well i like the tentacle grip, but its just not quite right for a bow in my opinion, it doesnt look very good on it plus it will occasionally start twisting on me if i hold my bow out to long. it also makes the grip a little to thick for my taste. ive always loved martins thin riser where the grip is. anyway after looking on martins website i saw a wooden c33 grip and was wondering if it will fit a 2011 exile. if not i wouldnt mine putting another saddleback grip on there as long as it will stick better than the 2011 model saddlebacks. any word on this would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

The C33, Thermal Elite, grip won't fit your bow. It fits bows with old style straight grip. All it is is two strips of the same self sticking leather like your bow had and wooden side plates, I have it on two of my bows and have always ordered it on my bows as I just like the thing grip area and abhor rubber grips. So what's the answer to your dilema? I honestly don't know. I shoot mine right off the riser.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Mine have came off twice now. If you use a better glue, like super glue or fletching glue, it will hold at a cost. If you ever try remove it you will be taking off the camo coating (guaranteed) which is very thin. I've had the camo film come of with low strength blue painters tape! My little carbon look side panels fall off too. I ended up taking the leather off and leaving it off. I was cursing Martin a few times when I was holding cold bare metal while deer hunting.

If this stuff wasn't so expensive ($18) for what you get I would try it. I still might as I don't want to deal with the cold grip next year.
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/Archery/Bow-Tuning/Dampeners-Silencers|/pc/104791680/c/104693580/sc/104234580/i/103862880/Sims-LimbSaver174-Tentacle-Camo-Bow-Wrap/745706.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FN %3D1100018%26WTz_l%3DSBC%253BBRprd745706&WTz_l=SBC %3BBRprd745706%3Bcat103862880

Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

A certain "other "bow company has a velcro neoprene grip that wraps around the grip,if you could dye out the logo,.
    Going to pick one up I think and give it a try.

Here is a link to it.Don't view if offended by other bow companies

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=pse+ne...t:429,r:11,s:0
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    A certain "other "bow company has a velcro neoprene grip that wraps around the grip,if you could dye out the logo,.
    Going to pick one up I think and give it a try.

Here is a link to it.Don't view if offended by other bow companies

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=pse+ne...t:429,r:11,s:0

Another bow company! I didn't know there was another bow company! Shame on you!!!!!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sure would be a quick fix for martin to come out with somethin like that with their logo.Im kind of weary about my grip on my silencer as far as lasting.

Post Thanks / Like

If you shoot it enough the leather will start to slide on you. Mine was installed by Martin twice and did the same thing even though they said they now use a new glue and all problems are solved.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Simple Life

It seems like that would be fine for hunting. I don't think you could do a lot of shooting or it will slide around on you from the torque applied to it. Once the velcro slide to the back it would be uncomfortable.

I'm sure I have some old bottle cozies around here somewhere? Better yet, we could always go over to Barry Fisher's house for a visit and when he isn't looking snip a couple out of his wet suit!!!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I think that neoprene grip is one of the better options I have seen. The tentacle wrap, not a big fan of. I'm sure someone could make one of their own with a little ingenuity and basic materials ...
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Simple Life

It seems like that would be fine for hunting. I don't think you could do a lot of shooting or it will slide around on you from the torque applied to it. Once the velcro slide to the back it would be uncomfortable.

I'm sure I have some old bottle cozies around here somewhere? Better yet, we could always go over to Barry Fisher's house for a visit and when he isn't looking snip a couple out of his wet suit!!!
    That isn't a very good idea (I have a 9mm) although the thought of Neoprene isn'y so bad. For anybody interested if you have a scuba shoip around it might be good to take your bow and see what they can do. I know they use a special glue to repair neoprene wet suits and dry suits. They probably have some small pieces of neoprene around, too.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver