Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Onza 3

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Onza 3

Newbie here!!!

I am considering purchasing a 2011 Onza III. Why should I chose this bow over the Bear Attack? These are my 2 finals and I really like the looks of both and both shoot great. Just looking for some input to maybe sway me in the right direction.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Onza, Because it is a Martin, nuff said Welcome to the forums.

If you have shot both, go with whatever is most comfortable for you. Gut instinct is generally right 99% of the time I think. If budget is a factor, work that into the mix however it works for you.

There are some Onza owners here that will let you know how much they like their bow. One guy I know has 2 ... if that counts for anything. I was looking at Onzas as well, but managed to make an agreement on an Alien X, looking forward to that.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

A big advantage with the Martin bows is that you can work on them or take them down without the need of a bow press.
    They shoot really well and are easy to tune.
    The Onza's are really great bows and also - if you ever run into any issues with a Martin - their customer service is about
    the best in the industry.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at them side by side I'd opt for the Onza based on ata and looks. The longer ata will give a smoother draw and be a more forgiving bow. The other specs are nearly identical. I do like the dual string stops that Bear offers and the 2012 models are top notch bows. In fact, the Anarchy will be my next bow purchase.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    A big advantage with the Martin bows is that you can work on them or take them down without the need of a bow press.
    They shoot really well and are easy to tune.

The Onza's are really great bows and also - if you ever run into any issues with a Martin - their customer service is about
    the best in the industry.
    2 other solid things I forgot to mention. I can tell you for certain, coming from some who never did any real tuning on their own bow prior to last year ... it is a breeze to get them shooting solidly.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Onza 3 for sure. I thought the bear "legion" RTH felt pretty heavy to me and i'm not overly weight conscious but i ruled it out on the spot , so on that i didnt need to track down and handle an attack, which is listed even heavier than the legion at 4.2 lbs.. to me the dual string suppresors on the bear are just an extra thing to consider that may wear out. (mixed satisfaction reviews on them other than they do apparently work to silence the bow effectively) ,they just look like something extra to catch twigs while walking in the brush &transporting, plus add weight .
    i was told the attack doesnt come with any xtra draw length module, so if you need to adjust draw length, thats inconvenient & limits its resale potential IMO, it caused me to not order one. i think they require a press also to change but dont hold me to that.
    Nearly everyone that has purchased a new martin ( and lets be fair, even bear too) hunting bow recently have been awestruck by the quality and performance of it, and are thoroughly satisfied.
    http://martinarchery.com/2011/onza3.php
    Last edited by madman350; 02-06-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I havent shot a onza 3 so i couldn't tell you what i think of it. But i did recently buy the Attack and man am i impressed. It is by far the quietest bow i have ever heard and it has absolutely no hand shock. The best thing about it was that i bought it brand new in the box off of eBay for $367 with free shipping. Not a bad price for a bow that sold for $750 last year. Pm me if you have any questions you need answered about the bow and i will try and help you.

Post Thanks / Like

Bear archery has come a long way in the last year. I ruled them out when I bought my Bowtech a few years ago because of the weight, very harsh draw, and the green anodizing. The 2012's are very solid bows and I will have the Anarchy as my next bow purchase. But to the OP's question I still say Onza 3.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

It's very simple. Choose the bow that feels and shoots best for you. People look for different things in a bow. I like a combination of smoothness with a pinch of speed. I'm not a speed freak. Your wants or needs probably differ but see if you can shoot them both. Pick the one that shoots the best for you. As a Martin fan I would like you to go Martin but go with the feel and not by the logo on the limbs. I think you'll be happier down the road. Welcome to the Martin Forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Treedweller View Post
    Newbie here!!!

I am considering purchasing a 2011 Onza III. Why should I chose this bow over the Bear Attack? These are my 2 finals and I really like the looks of both and both shoot great. Just looking for some input to maybe sway me in the right direction.

Thanks
    I forgot to mention, my draw length is 27". I am trying to figure out how to adjust the 1/2 inch, maybe get rid of the loop or change release, any ideas?