Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early run 2011 bows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Early run 2011 bows

Just wondering how many people here have early run 2011 bows that don't have the STS cutouts? I have one Onza that is that way. I think I might have a solution that doesn't require a front mount STS bracket. I'm going to work on something this week, and I'll post pics and let you all know how it works out.
    Eric
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Ehunter; sign me up as I also have a 2011 Onza. Did mount a front mount on mine but have never really been happy with it, but don't want to send it back to Martin to have them cut a groove for the sts mount they sent.

Post Thanks / Like

Rather than start a new thread, crossing my fingers people see this one. For those with the TRG/SOS is it a difficult swap to make the rod/slide conversion. I would assume it is pretty straight forward operation and will Martin just send it to you or what costs would be involved. I'm looking at potentially selling off a bunch of my non-archery things to get an archery thing and those archery things have TRGs on them.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Droppixel; it is a fairly easy fix just make sure you look at where the cables are on the trg so you can route them the same on the slide. I would probably pass on another 2011 bow with the trg and just get a 2012. Also pass on an early version where the riser is not cut to accept the sts. I forsee alot of 2011 bows getting real cheap soon, if you like to tinker there will be some very good deals.

Post Thanks / Like

i really considered buying that alien z on archery talk and i already own a 2011 firecat. kinda want a longer ata. there is a link on the classified ads and he is very eager to sell. claims he ordered a ax and the received the z by accident during hunting season so his hands were tied. you might get it for 300 bucks!
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Drop, it took me about 30 minutes per bow to swap mine over, including serving the string for the STS. Only problem I ran into other than not having the cutouts was, on the Onzas, the riser and bridge weren't cut perfectly in line. I had to start the rod at the front of the riser, install the set screw loosely, then tap the rod into the bridge cutout. Wasn't a big deal, just kinda suprised the cutouts didn't line up correctly. Martin sent me all the parts for free. Just call and talk to Joel. They will not replace strings unless the bow is taken to a dealer though.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

diy sts for 2011 onza 3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Drop, it took me about 30 minutes per bow to swap mine over, including serving the string for the STS. Only problem I ran into other than not having the cutouts was, on the Onzas, the riser and bridge weren't cut perfectly in line. I had to start the rod at the front of the riser, install the set screw loosely, then tap the rod into the bridge cutout. Wasn't a big deal, just kinda suprised the cutouts didn't line up correctly. Martin sent me all the parts for free. Just call and talk to Joel. They will not replace strings unless the bow is taken to a dealer though.
    The mention of the strings, are you going to need to get new strings with the conversion for each? Only reason I bring up the 2011 vs the 2012 right now is there are some really good prices and if the conversion can be done and everything checks out with the riser being tapped for the STS - it would be hard to pass on those if I had the fundage.
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    diy sts for 2011 onza 3
    That looks kinda slick! I'm not directly familiar with the risers, is that a rear quick release/mount for a weight system that you have that built into?
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Bowgramp, that is awesome! I could almost see you making a little extra in the classifieds and/or ebay...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps