Thread: Carbon Bows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carbon Bows

Just out of curiosity does anybody on here own a carbon bow?? I was watching some reviews on the Hoyt carbon maxi & they are making claims that it can be run over by a truck, so what the riser might survive but the limbs sure as hell wont. Another thing is they say its one of the lightest bows on the market yet my Moab is 3 years older & still weighs 0.1 of a pound lighter & costs a 10th of the price
    Testing testing

Post Thanks / Like

I do not own one and i probably will never own one because i cant see paying 1200 for a bow. Anyways their claim about it surviving being run over by a truck is true. Heres the link to the video showing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjCIopssjEg.

Post Thanks / Like

i buy the riser being able to live through the run over after watching the vid,but the question is will the limbs hold up if the get ran over.it would be cool to see that truck run the bow(s) over from limb to limb,not just the riser.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see me buying anything with a carbon riser any time soon. They cost $1200 to $1600. For that I could buy 3 shares of Apple and it'll be worth more down the road without having been run over buy a truck.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I don't see me buying anything with a carbon riser any time soon. They cost $1200 to $1600. For that I could buy 3 shares of Apple and it'll be worth more down the road without having been run over buy a truck.
    So funny but yet so true. Love it!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis - Sword Twilight Hunter Sight - QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away - WindJammer 7" Stabilizer - 438 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elites - G5 T3's & QAD Exodus Swept Back Version

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They say its real strong. But in fact eventually it will crack. I know a lot of guys with carbon fiber bikes and they told them they would never crack wrong!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

i don't plan on running over my bows with a truck anytime soon, i keep mine in the back of the truck or behind the seat not under the truck!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

So is being able to run the bow over with a truck a good thing? I imagine the sight, rest and string would now be garbage, so even though you still have a "good" bow, you can't use it.
    2012 Alien X