Thread: FOB's

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default FOB's

Does anybody here have any experience with FOBS? I was thinking about trying them out but I don't wanna spend the money if they are a dumb product.

http://www.starrflight.com/
    Martin Exile/ Radial Xweave 300's/ Apache drop away/ TrueGlow XS 5 pin

(Martin customer service makes the difference!)

Post Thanks / Like

I love them. there's a couple of us Fob fanatics on here. You can find a ton of info on AT and even chat with Paul, the owner. I mainly use them for hunting. They pop off during Pass through's for less friction . You won't have to worry about an arrow getting stuck at the fletching trying to pass through. Once the fob drops off on the ground you can now use it for the start point in your tracking ( if needed). You might find a 2-3 fps loss in speed depending on your setup. Some folks state that they have gained speed. I myself have lost about 3 fps but have gained more stability specially while using broadheads and shooting in windy conditions. i shoot out to 70 yards on paper with fobs with no problems. I don't recommend that you shoot groups with fobs. they can take a beating but sooner or later you start breaking some. 1 Spot, 1 Fob'ed arrow. I also recommend using a bright Wrap on your arrow shaft for easier recovery during pass throughs or if the shaft ends up in the bushes, etc. Some say fobs are noisy. The noise they are talking about is coming from the back of the fob toward the shooter. I've done my own testing and I've never had a critter jump or duck because of the fob. I would be more worried about string noise than fob noise. I didn't read your profile but if your U.S Military, Paul offers a buy one get one deal. if you have questions about your setup. Sent Paul an email with your setup info including the arrow you'll be using and he'll let you know if it's good to go. I use fobs because they work for me. If they didn't, i wouldn't use them. Paul is a great guy to chat with. Give him a call during business hours.

Fob military discount
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=915693

Fob hunting success thread
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...unting+success

Some of my pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fobs

Thanks for the great info Double S! I am purchasing fobs also! I can't wait.
    2007 Martin Wildcat / Jaguar 55# Dw 29" DL, Wildman Fly Series Quiver,Nap Apache Drop Away Rest, 28" Beman, ICS. Bowhunter 400- Custom Camo Hutch-n-son wrist sling

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna have to buy some And thanks for the info Double S!
    Last edited by E-man; 02-15-2012 at 05:22 AM.
    Martin Exile/ Radial Xweave 300's/ Apache drop away/ TrueGlow XS 5 pin

(Martin customer service makes the difference!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 96xjclassic View Post
    Thanks for the great info Double S! I am purchasing fobs also! I can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    I'm gonna have to buy some And thanks for the info Double S!
    No problem fellow archers. I don't pretend to know it all but if I don't know the answer I can find the person that can answer it for you. Reminder too, A drop away will be needed for Fobs. I tried to shoot through a whisker biscuit and it didn't work too well.

If you have a certain question about your Particular bow setup including wanting to use a particular rest and a certain bran arrow. Call Paul and ask him. There are three types of Fobs. Micro Fob for VAPS and HT-1'a. Axis fobs for Axis shafts and regular Fobs like I use for my HT-2's, Victory VForce,etc. If you happen to speak to Paul. Please kindly let him know you chatted with Simon ( Double S ) on the Martin tech Forum. I would like to see Martin tech get some credit for the chat.
    Last edited by Double S; 02-15-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont know if anyone said this yet but Drop Away rest only. To reiterate what Double S said yes they are noisy to the rear of the arrow. I shoot
    them at league with no probs. I also have dont a bit of testing ina 20 mph cross wind at 60 yards and they shoot very nice. I love them but had
    issues at first due to bow not being paper tuned. Now they shoot like a dream.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight