Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm on the Weight Loss train!. Woot Woot!.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I'm on the Weight Loss train!. Woot Woot!.

I've been one of the those roller coaster weight losers. I'll be down a few pounds one week just to gain it back two fold two weeks later. I gained most of my weight after I was injured, and going through three surgeries and was at home and couldn't exercise. Due to my injuries exercising was the last thing on my mind. I puffed up big time which doesn't do anything positive for my back and right knee. ( injuries). I heard good thing about a certain liquid drop which added with a very low calorie intake can lead to rapid weight loss. It's mainly for obese folks like me. I needed to jump start my metabolism and restart the way I thought of food mentally. I did choose the Diet liquids from GNC that are safer and don't involve those unsafe hormone injections. I spoke to the owner of the store and he stated that the liquid has had better results than the pills. It is absorbed quicker. I know Being heavily overweight hurts my back and knee's more plus i want to make I don't turn diabetic. I want to be around when my son gets older. Plus I want to be able to hunt longer without having to stop every 200 yards....Plus the Smaller sized hunting clothes cost less to buy. lol.

Anyways, I'm on my 5th day of this very low calorie diet. I was worried at first but it isn't has bad as it sounded. The hardest part is that I can't drink any cola not even Coke Zero. That was my legal food drug of choice. I never counted Calories before and I used to make fun of those people...Now I'm one of them. but now i understand why they do it. basically I can't eat nothing for breakfast but coffee, tea or water. I can have as much of that as I want. 250 calories for lunch and 350 calories for Dinner. 4 Ounces of lean protein for lunch and another 4 ounces for dinner. But for Dinner I can have one Melba toast or grassini. I never knew what a Melba toast was or a Grassini until I started this Diet. Grassini is a little skinny Italian bread stick. After each meal I have to write down the calories for each item I consume and keep a tally of all of it in my little "Diet Minder" Journal. I'm not supposed to go over 500 but I'm averaging 570 calories a day. It sounds difficult and time consuming but it gets much better as the days pass by. The diets cycle is forty days and I believe i will make it.
    I was 286 pounds when I started and after the 5th day I am now 271 pounds. I'm trying to loss 50 pounds on the first cycle then I have to stop the diet for a couple weeks before I start another cycle. My wight loss goal is 210. That's the Weight I was at when I was a C/O prior to getting injured on the job. I took pics for my "before" for the Diet journal. Maybe one day when i get brave enough...I might post it up here for all to see the difference. One of the hard parts is when i have to go into a restaurant or a fast food joint. The menu choice gets small. When went into a Carl's Jr and I looked for the Nutritional Chart. i think the average calorie of one of their burgers was about 800-900 Calories. Heck!. That's about 2 days worth of calories for me. that's not even counting the Fries and soda pop. I ended up with a salad with chicken with no dressing, a medium sized fresh brewed tea with no sugar. I think i need to recalibrate my mind more than my mouth. Buying a 8 ounce drink instead of 40 ouncer, etc. I did buy some GNC Vitamins to supplement my diet. I'm already feeling much better, sleeping better. I'm hoping to add on to this thread with more positive news 30 days from now. The guys on AT recommended that I buy those Vibram five finger shoes ( Minimalist) for walking. I can't jog due to my injuries So I will be adding some fast walking in the next week or so.
    Last edited by Double S; 02-09-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Buddy we're rooting for you. Sounds like you're going be in for some trying times. Remember if you're starting to get discouraged just jump online and we see if we can give you some encouragement. I'm trying to lose some weight as well,so I know what you're going through. Don't even think I could climb into my treestand anymore. Good luck Simon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skbengal View Post
    Hey Buddy we're rooting for you. Sounds like you're going be in for some trying times. Remember if you're starting to get discouraged just jump online and we see if we can give you some encouragement. I'm trying to lose some weight as well,so I know what you're going through. Don't even think I could climb into my treestand anymore. Good luck Simon!
    Thanks you Sk!. I'm sticking to this one. I'm looking forward to buying some new SMALLER clothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it all works out for you. I've never found starvation diets to work and at that low of a caloric intake it qualifies. You will lose weight, you have to on 500 calories a day. The body is very good at adapting and knows it isn't going to get much fuel so it stores what it can for the long haul. Then when the haul is over it is still in store mode and whamo, the rebound you mentioned. If you have found the magic bullet to stop that rebound with your drops that would be awesome. Are they a homeopathic or what? What are the called?

I too have put on the tonnage since I retired and need to get back to fighting weight. I am going to get another job so I won't be sitting around so much. I've been slowly easing back into cardio and will add weights to it. Hopefully, that will get my metabolism jump started again. Of course I'll have to cut back on the food to but I'm going to do it slowly and try trick my body. LOL Of course 10 years ago I could eat all I wanted but I was going to the gym twice a day, cardio before work and weights after work. Get married changed all that. I didn't eat all these damn complex carbohydrates back then either! That said I have to eat and go to the gym.

Keep at it and with any luck you will get to your goal and stay there. I wish you the best and I'm pulling for you. Oh, you are a brave man posting pictures!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you MLN. I did a lot of studying before I went on this specific diet. I was warned by people about the 'Starvation" diets with HCG. When they first came out people were having medical issues with them. A lot of those you had to go through a doctor so that they can tell you how much your supposed to take. Some people were not going through doctors and having bad side effects. these were inject-able hormones. The one I'm taking is the safe stuff sold through GNC called HCG Platinum X-30. It's a liquid drop you place under the tongue. My problem with food is when I got hunger pains...I was off eating...then I didn't know when to stop. I needed something to suppress the urge to eat. I am fat so I'm not starving , that's for sure. During the 500 calorie diet they want you to eat zero fat foods. The fat comes from the body stored. that's where the fat is lost. They don't want you to introduce more fat then the diet wont work. if you eat fat during the diet, that's when the body goes into starvation mode and ends up collecting fat instead of burning it. The drops fake out the system. I only do the diet for 40 days. less if i loss the weight i want before that. Then you step up to a maintenance diet which is around 1500 calories. This is when you can reintroduce some fatty foods. But by this time you have reprogrammed your metabolism. After 40 days you have to stop for a few weeks before restarting all depending on the weight goal.

The diet I'm using has no hormones and are a blend of leaves and roots. My hunger pains have dropped about 80-90 percent. I just have to make sure I eat the right amount at the right time. Really small meals at different intervals and making sure I snack. Snack consists of a apple.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We are rooting for you Double S!! Go for it!!!!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wish you luck Simon. I'm a bit heavier than normal right now. It happens every winter that I put on 10#. Then spring and summer come and I lose it. That's just because I get off my duff. This puter work doesn't help matters much either. However, although I do have some muscle loss with age I'm only about 5# over my high school weight. You'd probably cringe if you saw some of the garbage I can get away with eating. Might even make you throw up.

Just make sure you don't deprive yourself of needed nutrients to keep your internal organs working. Sugar, stay away from sugar and all those artificial sweeteners. All this low fat and no fat garbage is packed full of sugar. Fat doesn't make us fat. Sugar makes us fat. It's very simple when you think about it. Calories in/calories out.

Coffee and tea? They have caffeine and caffeine is a stimulant. It does help boost our metabolism while filling the stomach, and with no calories.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

good luck to you.
    i lost 35 lbs in 1 month when i got my jaw broke.i was wired shut so luquids is what i had.i was drinking 3 can of slim fast a day,puting 3 or 4 potatos in the blender with some gravy and drinking that for dinner.worked great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    We are rooting for you Double S!! Go for it!!!!!!

Hutch
    Thank you Bill!. I feel good with this I think it's a mental thing. I'm on a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Wish you luck Simon. I'm a bit heavier than normal right now. It happens every winter that I put on 10#. Then spring and summer come and I lose it. That's just because I get off my duff. This puter work doesn't help matters much either. However, although I do have some muscle loss with age I'm only about 5# over my high school weight. You'd probably cringe if you saw some of the garbage I can get away with eating. Might even make you throw up.

Just make sure you don't deprive yourself of needed nutrients to keep your internal organs working. Sugar, stay away from sugar and all those artificial sweeteners. All this low fat and no fat garbage is packed full of sugar. Fat doesn't make us fat. Sugar makes us fat. It's very simple when you think about it. Calories in/calories out.

Coffee and tea? They have caffeine and caffeine is a stimulant. It does help boost our metabolism while filling the stomach, and with no calories.
    Thank you Barry!. That's what started my weight gain. Sitting at home during the rehab. Every time I got up it hurt. After that it turned into straight laziness. I was taking in more calories than what I was burning. The pounds built up. After they retired me early from my work that I loved...I got kinda depressed. Now I need to turn it around. Your correct on the coffee and Tea with the caffeine. I'm not a big Coffee drink. Maybe two cups a week. I do drink green tea a lot though. They do allow Stevia for some reason. I believe it's a natural sweeter from a plant. I try and drink the coffee black and the tea with Stevia.

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    good luck to you.
    i lost 35 lbs in 1 month when i got my jaw broke.i was wired shut so luquids is what i had.i was drinking 3 can of slim fast a day,puting 3 or 4 potatos in the blender with some gravy and drinking that for dinner.worked great.
    Thank you GD!. I lost some weight too when they took my Tonsil and Uvula out. I had it done two days before a big family reunion. it wasn't a smart move. All this great food and I could talk or hardly swallow. I was on a Popsicle and ice cream diet.

Post Thanks / Like

Know how it is, I got up to 305 lbs after I retired, then finally got my right rotator cuff repaired and a bone spur removed so I could shoot again, and then got one of these for some much needed exercise. Thats me in front at 240lbs now. Grandson behind me is 13 1/2 at the time, today he's 14, 5'11 and 180 lbs.

Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 02-10-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade