Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm on the Weight Loss train!. Woot Woot!.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Know how it is, I got up to 305 lbs after I retired, then finally got my right rotator cuff repaired and a bone spur removed so I could shoot again, and then got one of these for some much needed exercise. Thats me in front at 240lbs now. Grandson behind me is 13 1/2 at the time, today he's 14, 5'11 and 180 lbs.

Thank you elkslayer4x5 for sharing. We do have mountain bikes But after 15 minutes my back's killing me. I'm gonna start off with Walking first then evaluate myself from there. I'm now 267 pounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that's almost 20# in what, 8 days. We ought to petition somebody to get you on the "Biggest Loser". You certainly are on a mission. Keep us updated. This is interesting.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Man, that's almost 20# in what, 8 days. We ought to petition somebody to get you on the "Biggest Loser". You certainly are on a mission. Keep us updated. This is interesting.

Today is my 7th day on this diet. I'm doing much better mentally. I'm not thinking about food like I normally do. I woke up this morning and weighed myself as I'm supposed to do and write it down. I had two cups of coffee for breakfast and didn't have any hunger pains. That was around 6:30 in the morning. I had to hit the road. I didn't take my first drops until i got home around 8:30 a.m. I did call the company the other day and asked if there were any drinks besides Coffee, tea or water i could drink. They told me it was alright to drink Vitamin Water ZERO. That sure helped a lot.

I posted on Facebook that I was on this specific diet and my sister who is in the medical field freaked out when I said HCG. I told here I wasn't taking the unsafe Hormonal injections that were causing all those issue. I told here what the Ingredients were and she felt much better. They call it HCG I think for Advertising but there's no Hormones in it.

Here's a rundown on what's in the liquid drops. Some info off the web.

L-Arginine- L-arginine is an amino acid commonly sold in supplement form and obtained naturally in the diet. L-arginine-rich foods include plant and animal proteins, such as dairy products, meat, poultry, fish, and nuts.

L-Carnitine- L-Carnitine is a naturally occurring amino acid which plays a vital role in the metabolism of fat. It functions as a transporter of fatty acids into the mitochondria, the metabolic furnace of the cell.

L-Ornithine- Most often, people take L-ornithine as a nutritional supplement. L-ornithine is most often used alongside Arginine to boost the levels of human growth hormone. This helps the body produce more muscle and may also increase the level of insulin the body creates. The compound helps generate more
    L-arginine, which in turn helps their muscles recover faster after a workout. It can also help with weight loss, another reason many athletes take this supplement.

IRVINGIA GABONENSIS- Irvingia gabonensis is a tree, native to West Africa. The fruit is similar to a mango and is used for food. The seeds are used to make medicine.

There is interest in using supplements containing Irvingia gabonensis for weight loss, lowering cholesterol levels, and improving control of diabetes.

How does it work?

Irvingia gabonensis seeds might lower cholesterol because of their high fiber content. The fiber increases removal of cholesterol from the body.

Some research suggests that Irvingia gabonensis seeds might also affect fat cells, which might reduce fat cell growth and increase the breakdown of fats.

Propriety Blend of
    Wild Yam Root, Chaste tree berry, Black Cohosh Root, Dong quai Root, and Stevia leaf Extranct.

I am also taking some GNC mega men Sport Vitamins to back up the loss of Vitamins and minerals I am losing from eating a low calorie diet. I don't recommend this diet for folks that need to loss 5-10 pounds for sure. This is for Obese folks like me. I have also spoken to my doctor. Consult your doctor before going on any diet.
    Last edited by Double S; 02-10-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

At 5 days you went down 15 pounds and at 6 days down 19 pounds. By supper time you will be down over 20 pounds. That is extremely fast and I can't even comprehend it. I am impressed and wonder how long this can go on? If my wife sees this thread I know she will be going to GNC in a heartbeat.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

I keep reading your posts and really have to praise you. You have the mental part right. One of the first things you had to do was admit to yourself that you were obese. So many people are in denial and hate to even hear that word let alone say it to themselves in the mirror. At least you have that part out of the way.

I hate to be picky, but that is the problem with a lot of women. They spend so much time in front of a mirror putting on make up. Spend upwards of $75 to have their hair done. $35 to $50 to have their nails done. And for what? To look good? Then they go and buy some size 20 dress and their obese friends tell them how good they look. They look in the mirror and lie to themselves and their friends lie to them. Denial.

What they should do is get together as a group and spend all that money in the gym. Then they'd truely look better no matter what they are wearing. More importantly they would be in better health and truely feel better about themselves. They just need to take that first step, as you did, and admit that they are over weight.

For so many, if they'd drop 30 to 50# their health would improve so much. Many would be able to get off their insulin (diabetes) or high blood pressure medicine, and other such medications.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    At 5 days you went down 15 pounds and at 6 days down 19 pounds. By supper time you will be down over 20 pounds. That is extremely fast and I can't even comprehend it. I am impressed and wonder how long this can go on? If my wife sees this thread I know she will be going to GNC in a heartbeat.
    That's what my sister was worried about. She thought I was taking the hormone shots and that I'm on a crash Diet which usually ends up with the weight returning once I'm off the diet. There's no Hormones in this diet. I will post some pics after the 40 days are over. That should give me incentive to keep this up. 40 days is nothing compared to years of obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I keep reading your posts and really have to praise you. You have the mental part right. One of the first things you had to do was admit to yourself that you were obese. So many people are in denial and hate to even hear that word let alone say it to themselves in the mirror. At least you have that part out of the way.

I hate to be picky, but that is the problem with a lot of women. They spend so much time in front of a mirror putting on make up. Spend upwards of $75 to have their hair done. $35 to $50 to have their nails done. And for what? To look good? Then they go and buy some size 20 dress and their obese friends tell them how good they look. They look in the mirror and lie to themselves and their friends lie to them. Denial.

What they should do is get together as a group and spend all that money in the gym. Then they'd truely look better no matter what they are wearing. More importantly they would be in better health and truely feel better about themselves. They just need to take that first step, as you did, and admit that they are over weight.

For so many, if they'd drop 30 to 50# their health would improve so much. Many would be able to get off their insulin (diabetes) or high blood pressure medicine, and other such medications.
    When I started this diet I was 286 pounds. I am only 5' 10". When I tell people I'm 286 pounds they just don't believe me. then I show them the stretch marks to prove it. I was going through my family albums and out of the hundreds of pictures, there were only an handful of me in them. I knew i was shy being in front of the camera. Even in the Rytera nemesis Video I made, I made sure not to get my face or body in the video. The only close up pics i had of me were when I was in full camo ( Easier to hide my weight). I was the one always taking the pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I'm impressed at you attitude, keep it up.

I'm lucky, as I'm tall (just over 6'1") and have always been 1) skinny and 2) very active... Martial Arts, mountain biking, hiking, fly fishing and now horse riding, all in addition to archery.

I see so many young people over here, mostly girls, just getting bigger and bigger and I worry about their future. Our Govt. is telling us that obesity is now at epidemic levels, due to eating, drinking (binge drinking on very cheap alcohol is big over here) and total lack of exercise, and I wonder where it will all end up. Premature disease and death I guess, what a sad prospect.

Keep us posted.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    Wow! I'm impressed at you attitude, keep it up.

I'm lucky, as I'm tall (just over 6'1") and have always been 1) skinny and 2) very active... Martial Arts, mountain biking, hiking, fly fishing and now horse riding, all in addition to archery.

I see so many young people over here, mostly girls, just getting bigger and bigger and I worry about their future. Our Govt. is telling us that obesity is now at epidemic levels, due to eating, drinking (binge drinking on very cheap alcohol is big over here) and total lack of exercise, and I wonder where it will all end up. Premature disease and death I guess, what a sad prospect.

Keep us posted.
    im sure it cant be as bad as america where fat is the new skinny and obesity is the new husky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    im sure it cant be as bad as america where fat is the new skinny and obesity is the new husky.
    I'm sure you're right, but it just seems to have happened very fast over here.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the weight loss Double S. Keep up the good work. I finally commited to losing weight as well so I know what you are going through. I am going a different route but as long as we reach our goals that is what matters. It's great to see that you have lost that much weight and your posts sound upbeat so I am sure you will stay on track.