Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I'm on the Weight Loss train!. Woot Woot!.

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you man! I did a little weight loss myself over the past year/half. Made a big difference for my back, I got degenerative disc in my lower. Saw a few pictures from a year early and freaked out, didn't realize how much weight I had put on since getting out of high school/college. Back down to a comfortable weight, but wouldn't mind trimming a little more off. Would help if I exercised regularly and tone things up, I would be more happy with that. Motivation is my biggest problem, keep it up dude!
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!. This thread helps with my self motivation. Staying positives helps with loosing the weight. Posting the pics keeps me true.

The wife noticed the benefits of my weight loss. Too much info. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I'm down to 245. I was gonna buy some new ASAT camo to match the bow but I'm still loosing weight. So I'm gonna keep using the Mossy oak brush. When i get to the weight I want to be at...I'm gonna buy some new ASAT Camo.

My goal is 225-230 pounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting in shape feels good. I stared going to a gym after I realized that I was a double cheese burger away from a heart attack; my dad has had 4. Eating healthy is a pain and expensive too. Take a look at a book called eat this, not that. It will open your eyes to eating somewhat healthier. Good luck!!
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Double S, another thing that you could try if your not already is limiting your carb intake, look out for breads, pasta, and potatoes. Carbs convert into sugars if you do not burn them off. Also lower carbs will keep you from feeling bloated. Try to consume your carb intake from veggies. A trick i do when I eat fiberous foods is to drink two tall glasses of water before eating, this will make you feel full before over stuffing and kicking yourself in the butt for eating that last bit. GOOD LUCK and KEEP FIGHTING!!!
    2011 Martin Silencer 70# 29.5
    QAD Ultra Rest, G5 Optix Sight, G5 Meta Peep
    BowJax Stab, BowJax Limb Saver, SlimJax , BowJax Guide Rod Damper
    USMC
    "Be Polite, Be Professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen James Mattis USMC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bricka View Post
    Double S, another thing that you could try if your not already is limiting your carb intake, look out for breads, pasta, and potatoes. Carbs convert into sugars if you do not burn them off. Also lower carbs will keep you from feeling bloated. Try to consume your carb intake from veggies. A trick i do when I eat fiberous foods is to drink two tall glasses of water before eating, this will make you feel full before over stuffing and kicking yourself in the butt for eating that last bit. GOOD LUCK and KEEP FIGHTING!!!
    10-4 on the water. Although I only drink one glass about 1/2 hour before eating I do drink nearly a gallon a day. Maybe that's why I've only gained about 5# over the last 45 years.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I'm now 240!. I held off buying some new ASAT camo because of the weight loss. too close to hunting season...I'm waiting until I get down to 230 before I buy new clothes. I drink a lot of water everyday. I always have a water bottle wherever I go. I don't eat wheat or dairy (Cow milk, cheeses) anymore. I switched to Gluten free. I do eat Goat cheese and I drink Almond Milk. I still have the occasional sugar but I limit it to once a month. I do bake but i use stevia for everything instead of regular sugar. Going wheat free helped me alot. No more stomach pains, inflammation. Now I can down an bottle of Tobasco and nothing happens. lol. Doing my best to do more stuff outside.
    Last edited by Double S; 08-26-2012 at 11:04 AM.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

good for you DS, keep up the good work. Your a good encouragement to others.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Bill. I hope I can encourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    good for you DS, keep up the good work. Your a good encouragement to others.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the loss DS!

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com